DENAFRIPS DAC ---- Owner Impressions, Feedback, General Discussion, Questions and more....

Thread for OWNER IMPRESSIONS, FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, ETC. regarding DENAFRIPS DACs.

DENAFRIPS lists the following R2R DACs:

Ares, Pontus, Venus, and Terminator (in increasing price order).

"DENAFRIPS incorporated in year 2012, focus in developing high end audio equipment at a very affordable price. Throughout the years of intense Research & Development, and continuous improvement of the product lines, DENAFRIPS had finally settled with the current product range equipped with R-2R ladder DAC technology. The reason behind this is the designer strongly believe that R-2R DAC is the best way to reproduce music.

The name, DENAFRIPS, stand for:

D-ynamic
E-xquisite
N-atural
A-ttractive
F-idelity
R-efined
I-ntoxicating
P-ure
S-ophisticated

This mean a lot and it is the house-sound of all DENAFRIPS products." [Copied From Denafrips About Us section]
david_ten
Congratulations on the Danafrips and the new loudspeaker. What is your new loudspeaker? Just curious.
I went with the Tekton Design Double Impact Special Edition (SE) speakers.

I home auditioned the Volti Audio Rivals. I really liked these horn-hybrids, but decided to wait until I can save up for one of Greg Robert's full horn speakers.

I also considered Spatial Audio and Pure Audio Project, for this go-around.
@david_ten

Any impressions on the speakers yet. I have considered the Tekton Double Impact SEs and the Impact-Monitors as well as the Spatial M4s & M3s. Unfortunately I haven't heard any of them. One speaker I did hear & liked was the Elac Adante at AXPONA this year. At least that speaker is only about a 100 miles away at a dealer so I can go hear it before I make my decision.

I also just received a Denafrips Ares. I'm going to let it cook for a several days before I do any listening to it. Anxious to hear your view of the Terminator.
Post removed 
@edincleve I'll be posting my initial and 'early-burn-in' impressions of the SEs later tonight. I'll PM you after I do so.

The DI SEs are excellent speakers. As always, what you value in speaker performance will play into how you feel about the choices you are considering. PM me so I can help more specifically.

Congratulations on the Ares purchase. I look forward to your impressions.

Since I'm delaying the DAC comparison until the SEs break-in, which is still ongoing, I have rotated the Schiit Yggdrasil in. This should allow for a healthy run-in time and let me listen to it for some time. It has been out of system for over a month now.

The Terminator is very good. I say that with confidence since I have a full month of experience with it. It is different than the Yggy. More specifics when I do the proper head to head comparison.