CleanerVinyl-Ultrasonic record cleaner

I purchased a Cleanervinyl Pro recently and am very impressed with it! I have used vacuum style cleaners for many years. Last year I purchased a $3000.00 vacuum style record cleaner and thought that was about as good as I was going to get for cleaning records, but I was wrong. The CleanerVinyl Pro system cost me around $600.00, it is far superior to vacuum style cleaners. I took some lp’s that I couldn’t get fully clean with my Vacuum record cleaner and was able to get them clean with the CleanerVinyl system. You can see the crud that collects in the bottom of the machine, and these were already cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner.
skyhigh
Hello,

Might I ask which model of the Elma brand would be recommended?
Thank you.
slaw, thanks for bringing up steaming, something I've wondered about before jumping into the US circle.

So where does that rank in an absolute sense between wet/vacuum cleaning and US cleaning?  I realize the cost difference is significant but that is a choice everyone needs to make for themselves.  For those who have tried both, what are the sonic result comparisons between steam and US?

Thanks

@dmgrant1 

It's an Elmasonic P60H.  It has several interesting features, including 37 and 80khz frequencies, de-gas, sweep, and pulse modes, and is quieter than the Chinese machines.

@pryso 

I spent some time with steam cleaning in combination with a VPI 16.5.  The improvement with a good US + 16.5 wet vacuum is significant.

I now use a  Chinese 10L US cleaner and a Vinyl Stack.  My process:

Spin Clean, as a pre cleaner to dislodge most of the dirt etc on the LP, blot dry.

US clean using Rushton's formula, at 1/3 rpm / 5 rev in 15min.

Rinse.

Nitty Gritty vacuum dry.  Then inserted into a new MoFi inner sleeve.

I change all fluids after 20 LPs.

There is a considerable amount of debris in the Spin Clean tank after a cleaning session. There is *also* a surprising amount of debris in the US tank after a cleaning session, representing debris *not* removed by the Spin Clean alone.

Damage is still audible.  The background of undamaged LPs is now lower than the background of my system.  Amazing to hear music decay into nothing, or an arbitrary cutoff where the engineer cut the signal.   The low level Shhhhh/Woosh sound is removed from undamaged LPs.   Transient response and low level ambiance clues are significantly improved.   I have noted an increase in pops tics on some LPs as I get closer to the record label indicating some tweaking of my process is needed.   Overall US *is* a significant step forward.