How was the sound of your TDSS upgrade to your Nuforce Ref 9 amps?

I'm very excited at the prospect of improved sound that will come from the TDSS level 3 upgrade to my Nuforce Ref 9 V3 SE mono amps.  Bob Smith will be doing my amp upgrades in the next couple days.  The biggest change will come from the much more powerful power supplies he's putting in.  My system already sounds fantastic but he says it will be THE finest amp sound he has ever heard and thus will transform the Ref 9's into something few have ever heard.  I have VMPS RM40 BCSE ribbon speakers with the MLS cabinets--in other words among the finest speakers Brian Cheney ever made.  They are already on Sistrum SP-101 platforms with RTS couplers clamping them down--a fantastic combo in sound.  I really can't imagine sound with more clarity with dynamics that are off the charts and extremely organic bass than I already have.  

Tune in next week when I have the radically improved Ref 9's and I won't be able to wipe the grin off my face if all Bob says is actually true.  The rest of my system is the TRL DUDE preamp, Whest 3.0 RDT SE phono, Modwright 5400 Signature Truth CD/SACD w/Bybees on the rails and Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX, super Lenco 78 with most of JTN's mods included, Trans-Fi Terminator, Benz Micro Ruby 3, wires by Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme SC, Teo GC ICs, JW Reference ICs, Amadi Maddie Signature ICs, power cables from WyWires Juice II, Amadi Phil Reference, Mojo Enigma, TRL Silver, and Core Power Technologies Equi=Core 150, and Star Sound Sistrum racks with RTS couplers clamping each component.  I have Synergistic Research Blue fuses in the Nuforce amps, Whest, and Modwright 5400.
dorkwad
@dorkwad 

TDSS's shop is in Indiana, correct? If it is I might take a drive there, check it out and talk to Mr. Smith (if he's available to do so). Do they have a listening area set up?

Cheers,

Scott
Scott,

Bob's shop is in his home in NW Indiana just off 80 a few miles south.  He has a pair of his SP Tech monitor speakers there that could be set up.  He used my amps but he probably has some amps to listen to--I'm not sure of that, however.

Good luck,
Bob
Thanks, Bob. Might have to take a road trip; could be interesting.

Enjoy that amp.

Cheers,

Scott
Bob did the TDSS mods to my Ref-9 V2se, they're substantially better across the board, while retaining the inherent qualities that put them on the map originally.

I can’t recommend Bob highly enough, he knows his stuff about what makes NuForce/NuPrime what they are, his prices are reasonable, and he’s a friendly and accessible guy.