What speakers for 10k?

Looking to buy the end of game speakers, currently I have Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand. My amp is the Parasound a21 with the Parasound p5 pre amp, Marantz sa8001 sacd and the Marantz sr5001 avr, psa xs15se sub. My budget is 5 to 10k on main speaker upgrade.
jughead
Well, not all engineers are created equal. From what I read Duke is a pretty good one though.

I'm not an acoustic engineeer, but it makes sense to me that larger structures would be needed to effect lower frequencies.

I am a systems/software engineer and have some background in physics. Not that it matters....

With most companies its the marketing folks that determine what the public sees in that the task at hand is to make sales and teh consumers are not engineers.

So lots of nonsense from a technical perspective goes on there all the time. Ive seen it as an engineer working with marketing folks to help them understand how a product really works. What comes out the other end is mostly a function of target audience demographics.

With small companies the engineer may also be the boss and also the marketer wearing different hats at different times. So anything is still possible.

There is a lot of grey with the Wavetouch for sure. In home trials/satisfaction guarantees when honored take most of teh risk out of trying something different at least.
ALso good engineers tend to be expensive and most companies cannot afford enough good ones. Hopefully they have at least one or two somewhere.....
"02-13-15: Audiokinesis
Regarding engineers, any piece of audio equipment that sounds good didn't get that way by being poorly engineered."

I agree, but you left out the other half.

Regarding engineers, any piece of audio equipment that sounds bad, didn't get that way by being well engineered.

"Anyway a thread like this is a minefield for a manufacturer, and I've ventured in farther than is wise already."

Not if they make good sounding products.
"02-13-15: Mapman
Well, not all engineers are created equal. From what I read Duke is a pretty good one though."

That's definitely a true statement. The first part, anyway. I don't know Duke so I can't really say anything good or bad, about him. I would add to that, by saying the best engineers are the ones who realize products can't be designed in a vacuum, and aren't afraid to use other resources to make a better product. Anyone who tells you how something is going to sound just by looking at a spec sheet is full of it. Those are not the people you want designing your gear.
A good engineer need only know their technical domain best in order to be the best engineer.

But there is more to delivering good engineered solutions. Its a team sport. In that context, the best engineer is the one that uses their expertise to help deliver high value to the end user. High value and best technical implementation are not necessarily the same thing as we have seen many times over the years in terms of what products succeed and which do not.

Apple is the classic example these days of applying technology effectively over time to meet the most user needs.