Can't we all just get along?

I have not been a member for a very long time, and joined Agon to discuss audio with others in my hobby. Seems to me that almost every post devolves into a hijacked  negative argument between a few members that seem to think it's their platform to preach their opinions to any who would listen, and any dissent to what they have to say is met with ridicule/insults, and just downright rudeness.

There will always be differences in opinion, BUT, we can be civilized in how we disagree.

There is already too much negativity in the world. Is it not possible to insulate that from our hobby in this forum, or is this what we have become? Hiding behind our keyboards and not having the courtesy to treat our fellow audio lovers with decency, open-mindedness, and RESPECT !

128x128crazyeddy
The ultimate condescension is the triumph of confirmation bias over engineering.
I thought the OP original thread post was fair but then he sort of shot himself in both feet with his next post which was along the lines of exactly the sort of thing he dislikes. Although it was more in context to a real life meeting , not online it did not help his cause any I fear!
Post removed 

A few members have pointed out that I have resorted to what I'm complaining about. I have re-read my comments,and yes, you are absolutely  correct.

My bad!! Sorry guys, I was having a really crappy day, and I guess it just got the better of me.

My sincerest apologies.

Wow, talk about the kettle calling the pot black !!