Looking to get into tubes on the cheap

My current set-up is Tekton Design Electrons with an Hsu VT-15H subwoofer and a Denon AVR-2200w receiver.  I am interested in entering the tube world. I have always run SS/receiver to listen to music so I am a total rookie with tubes. Here is what I would like to have. I use my system for 2.0 and 2.1 music, HT 5.1 going to 5.1.4, and basic TV viewing. I would like to keep my receiver in the chain and add tubes and somehow have some kind of switching. Would like to be able to listen to 2.1 and then push something on my Harmony remote to switch between music and HT set-up without having to touch wires. Read many different thread as well as this one. I am not wanting to spend thousands to achieve this but I also want it to sound better than my current SS sound on a 2.1 set-up. Seen the various posts and opinions on tubed preamp vs amp and still after reading all that don't know which one is more beneficial. Looked at Aric's Ultimate but that is more than I am wanting to spend. Looked at Monoprices 50wpc hybrid tubed preamp and ss amp combo. Not sure I want my tubed stuff to come from the place I get me cables but it seems to get good reviews from people who have purchased and it is $170. Also looked at Gemtune X-1 integrated tube amp and Nobsound MS-10D hybrid tube amp.  Can I get some guidance on this? Ultimately I am just wanting to improve my 2.1 listening experience.  
128x128jcarman721
An EE friend of mine build me a speaker switch so that my Focal speakers could be easily shared between my Integra receiver and the Yaquin tube amplifier. It allows me to just flip the speakers while keeping a load on the tube amplifier so that I don’t have to power cycle it nearly as much and allows me to use it more. 
Sorry for a third reply, but your post sounds somewhat close to my experience.

I think you’d benefit more from a better receiver than adding inexpensive tubes to your current setup.

I would look for a receiver that has pre-outs and is also 4 ohm stable. I really think being 4 ohm stable is a solid indicator of a quality receiver. I have been impressed with my Integra as a home theater receiver and am now experiencing their great customer support. They have taking my receiver back for repairs at no cost to me and it’s well over double the advertised warranty period.
You may want to checkout the new Outlaw Audio stereo receiver recently getting solid reviews in Stereophile and other pubs. It has high power, is stable with 4 ohm loads and has a good complement of inputs and capabilities and downstream flexibility. It's $799 sold direct with a generous return policy. I heard the prior model and was always impressed. Seems to punch above its weight and is designed for audio not AV. The prior model was manufactured by ATI which builds for a number of high end brands. 
I'm in the same boat. I have the 2200W and I'm looking to add a integrated amp or power amp to drive the Hologram M4 speakers. I'm using Rogue Ares as phono stage.
I was researching and I think the best way is to add a switcher as https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LNOAGZQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1W5UP80LZBHX0&colid=2X6K38KCTYS9Q between the Amp and the receiver. That way you don't need to change the receiver and you sound path is cleaner and simpler.
IMO it should work for you too

Using a speaker switcher in revert can manually do the switching between AVR and integrated amp, but have to be sure that it won't accidentally push the buttons to A+B on the amp switching side!
And most of the tube amp need to has a load on output when power ON, So add a 150ohm 10W resistor across each the tube amp outputs is a good " insurance "