high frequency intermittent noise

I have a noise issue that is intermittent.  Here is what the noise sounds like:

https://clyp.it/4b233bmm

Here is what I know so far:
  • The sound affects all components and is compounded if all components are turned on.  I have turned off my preamp, phono preamp, leaving just my mono blocks on, and the noise still appears.
  • I have turned off everything and unplugged everything in the house including my dimmer switch, and the noise still appears.
  • I have a pair of pro-audio monitors, self powered with class AB amps, and when I plug those into the same outlet, I hear the same noise coming through the pro-audio monitor.  So this rules out my big system.
  • The noise is primarily during the day and goes into the evenings, weekends too, early mornings it does not appear.
  • I live in a pre-war mid-rise building.  I have no ground, I'm using a Nordost QKore grounding system.  This did reduce the noise floor quite a bit, but has no affect on this intermittent noise.
  • I have a cell phone tower directly across the street from my building in Manhattan.
  • Looking at a real time analyzer, I see peak at 2kHz when the noise appears.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjames1969
James check out this video especially parts 1 and 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=Y3RNnm8s3nQ
If you have a Raidho/Ansuz/Aavik dealer nearby and ask if you can have an in home demo. Although I don’t have any electrical problems like you I can say after adding the D-TC power cable everything became much more clear. I could also say I can play music about 2db louder. I also have the new version 2 and I can’t believe how much more ’control’ I have in the music. Not sure what you budget is but these do come with a hefty window sticker. For that reason this should be your last resort.
Good Luck
@xti16 

Very interesting - parts 1 and 4.  I may try to seek these power cables for audition to see if there is any affect.  Thank you for the link.
@fusian  

I am not using a computer as my source.

I tried the ferrites and they had no affect on the noise.

I got a set of Sony WH-1000XM2 Bluetooth headphones and I can hear the noise very faintly in my headphones in my apartment.  So now this verifies that the noise is air borne and not from my power mains.

Thank you all who participated in this thread.