Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
migueca,

I just read a review on the Temple mono-blocks that was very positive:
   www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0514/temple_audio_monoblock_amplifiers.htmat

I've never heard any of the Temple Audio amps so I'm unable to provide you with any useful feedback.  I noticed the monos are rather low powered at 40 watts/ch (the review doesn't mention whether that's into 8 or 4 ohms).  I believe you know how important it is to match an amplifier's power rating and sound characteristics to your speakers and therefore assume your speakers are very efficient. Please let us know your room dimensions and what speakers you'll be using so we  can offer further guidance.  

Thanks,
  Tim
Noble,
my speakers are the Zu Audio Omen Def. 100dB, very easy to drive - I am pairing them presently with a tubes SET pumping "only" 24W. 
That review that you mention is for the old monoblocks. The new model is 70W with standard PSU and 100 with the improved PSU. I ordered the best one. 
I'm expecting to get the amplifiers in 3 to 4 weeks. Then I can post a review. 
Hi migueca,

Okay, 70W on the Zu Omen Defs is plenty of power; almost overkill.  I don't think it's too much since it's such clean, low distortion power  You're virtually guaranteed the amp will never clip and you'll have plenty of reserve power for transients.   I think you're really going to like class D with your Zus and I'm certain there'll be much less heat in your room.
     Sorry for the belated response, I just saw your post.  Have you got the amp yet? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the combo.

Enjoy,
Tim

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/mola-mola-dac?highlight=Mola%2BMola

This link is mainly about the Mola Mola pre/dac, but there are some comments about the Kaluga mono block class D amps.

The Mola Mola Makua and Kaluga have just received an award from AV Tech Media as best high end pre and power amp.

If you need to know any more about the Mola Mola let me know.

UK Mola Mola dealer.