Anyone have experience with the Tung Sol 7581a vs. EL34, KT66, KT88, 6L6

I broke down and added another power tube (Tung Sol 7581a) to my collection.  That can get expensive as my Primaluna Dialogue HP Premium integrated has 8 power tubes.   

Why has this tube escaped me thus far?  Why is it not more popular?   Many folks don't sell this reissue tube.  

I think this is a great deal.  I was torn between the lush, thick midrange of the EL34 and the more evenly spread out sound of the KT88.  But the KT88, for all its more correct behavior didn't romance me like an EL34.  

The 7581a from Tung Sol can be had cheap and I really like them.  [I'll spare you all the audiophile terms].  They check the boxes that I was looking for. 

Does anyone have experience, information or knowledge about this splendid tube?  

PS  The next experiment is KT150s but I can't see doing it if I'm gonna lose any of that great EL34 midrange. 
128x128jbhiller
jbhiller - Where did you buy your  Tung Sol tubes?  I've got a PrimaLuna integrated (older model with 4 output tubes) and might just try the Tung Sols.  I've tried the stock EL-34's and some Russian KT120's - but currently I'm running Gold Lion KT88's which, so far, are my favorites.

I use old stock 7581A tubes in my 6L6 amps acct their output in a push-pull design is closer to 35 watts per side. ( most other 6L6 subs get 25). I need that acct. the speaks are low 80’s dB. They also sound great. I have no input on the newer reissues.
I bought my 7581a's from a guy in Ohio--cleveland area-on Ebay.  He tests them and does a 48 hour burn in.  They were so cheap compared to others I have bought.  I'm not rolling these out since rolling them in. 

Also, as my 6 year old likes to point out--they have a blue glow in addition to the traditional incandescent glow.  Very cool. 

Noromance, I'm curious to see if you like them.  I'm going to call upscale and ask Kevin why he doesn't stock these tubes.