Would you buy a 12-14 year old Integrated?

My local dealer has a McIntosh 6900 integrated amp for sale from original customer.  I'd like to know if you would be comfortable buying a model that is 12-14 years old and if SS equipment can lose SQ over time?  The price is right and I've wanted to try McIntosh.  Not really a post about the love or hate of McIntosh, but whether vintage gear can still be quality.  I'd like it to be my last Integrated purchase.  

On a side note, the price is right, but that said, for about $800 more, I could get into the MA7900.  What are your thoughts?
128x128dhpeck
I can't comment on how well this product will perform after 12 years of use. I do think there have been a lot of improvements in amplifiers in the last decade. My guess is that you can buy an newer amplifier for the same price that will sound better.

I don't blame you for not wanting to buy new gear, so please don't call me.

Jim
Dealer of the month.....
If it's a Krell, a Mark Levinson, a Simaudio Moon, or a Bryston, I probably would.

If it's anything made in China or Japan (unless it's an insanely good design)?

No.

--Charles--
Yes, As long as it is well taken care of. Meaning being checked out by tech. I have in case been using a 28 yr. old Nakamichi TA4A. It is in ultra mint condition passed down from my father. I did have a tech go through it and change some capacitors, but none were really defective he said. It is a fantastic integrated as my father kept it in one place covered while not in use never moved for 26 yrs. The tech said the inside was impeccable. In fact I use a cdc4a,a Cr4a-  Cd and tape player along with a Linn Sondek12 almost everyday. All are 28 yrs old. I did have a tech go through all of them. He changed a total of 24 capacitors and checked every one from head to toe. I also got my turntable reset up all new springs new capacitors  and new cartridge. I am very pleased with what I got. I never had high quality gear always cheap home theater stuff. To say there was a difference was night and day. I didn't know that music through electronics could sound like that. Even my wife was surprised. That said I would say go for it and enjoy life.  
Does this prove a point. ............apparently there has been no improvements in the sound even after 14 years, of major brands. 

Brands that are constantly creating new models, they market as sounding  "so much better then the previous version".

Are they are lying to us?

Regards
Jim
Dealer of the decade.