Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
@pbnaudio yes, but still need to figure out where do you buy them and which brands? 
You can buy all of them at sources like Digikey or Mouser Electronics, both have reliable supply of quality brands like Nichicon for an example - buy the high reliability 105'C ones.  Don't get too hyped up about what "brand" to use Nicihcon is a very high quality capacitor.  It'll be impossible to make a list without a sample of the TT101 at hand as the LS (Lead Spacing) and physical size of the caps are needed to get the "right" capacitor to fit on the PCB  

Here is a link to 5806 choices of Nichicon Capacitors at Mouser

https://www.mouser.com/Nichicon/Passive-Components/Capacitors/Aluminum-Electrolytic-Capacitors/Alumi... 

Best of Luck

Peter
HI,
Mouser, RS components or Ebay......there are a lot of online retailers!

You can search the Panasonic series FC 85 ° range or rather the 105 ° range.
From what I’ve found, Panasonic produces capacitors of all values, alternatively Nichicon, Sanyo, Elna .... but you have to check if these brands offer a large catalog of choice from the manufacturer you will choose.

Unfortunately the present capacitors will be much smaller in size than those on the turntable; in 40 years technology has made giant steps for miniaturization.
You will need to adapt them.

Cheers

My vintage Sony PS4300 DD (1976) is still pristine and working like new. Many cartridges died along the way. Still performs magnificently and sounds good too.
Knocking on wood. Still got original box and it's 220/110 convertible. Purchased at the PX in Giessen Germany.
Eat your hearts out, LOL
Your Sony is probably still working because it has had one owner since new, who used it regularly, which is good for the longevity of the electrolytic capacitors inside. But they won't last forever.

i hope your glee to read of other people's problems is a put on for fun. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that score.