Has anyone made the jump to $uper High end and were disappointed?

I'm talking $50,000 and higher amps, speakers, cablesetc. I know there is excellent sounding gear from $100 to infinity (much is system dependent, room, etc). However, just curious if someone made the leap and deep down realize the "expected" sound quality jump was not as much as the price jump. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to make that jump. However, looking at another forum's thread about price point of diminishing returns got me wondering if anyone had buyers remorse. It's not easy to just "flip" a super high priced component. 
aberyclark
 Wow I never thought I would be agreeing with Goeff Kait but I am!And excellent post wolf-Garcia,  Bang on. 

I kind of giggled when I read the posts of people who have bought an expensive so-and-so and, oh my gosh it revealed the flaws in the other part of the chain! That could happen with any priced components it's called synergy and it  means it wasn't there with the new component. Doesn't mean you have to buy a more expensive other piece to compensate.
Like wolf I go to shows and listen to multi hundred thousand dollar rooms and my stuff at home sounds way better. I might have 20k in.  And I honestly think that I could take 5K and put together a system that sounds within a hair of my current one. Good sound does not have to cost a lot of money!  And again, I have heard loads of very expensive set ups to bass this opinion on.
Synergy definitely doesn’t mean what you think it means. In any case, based upon what actual personal ownership experience are you making such generic ignorant statements?

I’m still not quite sure what people who have never actually owned $50k plus components are doing in this thread.
@bar81 

Because if if it were only people who spent more than 50k per component, this thread would be a barren desolate place.

Even I don’t own a $50k component.

@joey_v 

Fair enough.  But then again I'm sure the OP knew what he was getting into by asking a question with such a limited scope.
analogluvr,  Would you tell us what components would make up that killer $5k system?  That's not a hostile question, just curious.