McIntosh Mx151 vs. Krell Foundation vs Arcam AV 860

Hell all.  I'm in the process of building a nice HT and Audio system.  I decided on the Sonus Faber Evolution and a matching Amati Futura Center speaker.  I need to decide on an amp and AV processor.  I would like some insight on with to chose:

Taking a poll with people in the know: of the three which would give me the best pairing/performance.

Thanks.

P.S
Im open other suggestions as well. 
128x128redphu72
I still own the MX121, but recently swapped it out for the Anthem AVM60.  The one challenge I have with McIntosh and HT, is they havne't quite embraced the capabilities of modules and firmware upgrades.  When you're dropping $5k plus on a HT pre, inability to upgrade it with firmware or modules, it creates a Stockholm Syndrome mentality.  I'm not advocating to not go with McIntosh, just know that the code/features within the chassis will be its forever limit.  Being that HT is super dynamic in new technologies vs. straight 2-channel, this is now a consideration I evaluate.  

I suppose one might say that's the game you play; which I concur in the $1k-$2k range, but as a consumer, I expect more for a $6k HT preamp.  As a FYI, and I hope I don't get flagged, The Music Room has a used MX151.  After stating everything I just stated, if you can pick a used one up, you will not be disappointed with that piece.  It has Dolby Atmos and also has the MEN220 built into it, which is worth its weight in gold for room correction.  I've ran one in my 2-channel setup, unbelievable.

Many places are blowing out the higher end Marantz models, to make room for the new stuff.  I've owned one and I liked the sound signature on it.  The Anthem AVM60 is pretty slick, especially with room correction.  You get a visualization of the peaks, so it's helpful if you move into getting room treatments, I don't know if the output visualizations are available with the MX151.  As far as sound, with movies it's great, but I don't use it for 2-channel listening, as I have a separate system for that.
We are an Audio Control dealer and their processors are amazing and very reliable.

They are an American company that builds their products actually in America.

They share development costs with Arcam and the  two companies products are similar.

Audio Control bigger power supply better dacs 
I have a Krell Foundation 4k UHD and I can say that the sound quality is very impressive. Stereo playback is just absolutely top notch. It also has tons of inputs, outputs, and configuration settings.

I will say - I am unhappy with the On Screen Display (OSD) and programming menu. Yes - you can access it through a web browser, which is extremely helpful - but it man it looks like it was written in DOS pre AOL...I actually had to make an excel spreadsheet so I could track all the menus, sub-menus, etc - because it is extremely confusing to use and you never quite know what you are doing since there is no graphic presentation of where you actually are in the sub-menus...

like this:
https://imgur.com/a/UHj9u

here's some images I grabbed from my unit: (when accessing via my computer)
https://imgur.com/a/OLj5M

Also, the Krell seems to have about a 60% success rate when accepting remote input commands from my Harmony hub unit. Every other piece of AV gear I have, and that numbers 7, work every time with the Harmony.

I am looking into a McIntosh MX151 since there OSD and user interface seems like the kind of quality and well thought out UI that a $5k home theater processor should have.

Here's a link to some of what I presume are the MX151 OSD menus are:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ultra-hi-end-ht-gear-20-000/1479699-official-mcintosh-labs-mx-151-m...

I haven't actually used the MX151 programming so I am not saying it's easier/better - it just certainly looks like it is laid out in a much more professional fashion.

I do not want to bad mouth the Krell since it really produces top notch sound and video functionality, but man I just wish it was easier to use...

Just my thoughts!
The problem with the Krell is it is only HDMI 2.0 (not 2.0a or 2.0b). 2.0 cannot pass HDR and cannot be fixed with a software upgrade. It is a hardware issue.

For this reason, in my search, it was taken off the list.

i now have Arcam AV860 and I’m not totally blown away with unit. Dirac has given me many issues especially in different gain issue between my amps.

NAD M17 not ready yet. Always coming soon.

The lower level McIntosh is pretty much a rebadged Marantz.

The pre pro landscape sucks right now. I’m not sure if I will stay the course with Arcam and wait to see what’s coming next year.

i miss Classe but their final unit was a mess too.