Aragon 8008x5 with Vandersteen 2w

Hello everyone, 
     I know this is a long shot but is anyone using the above combination. I am attempting to find the correct balanced crossover. I have 20K RCA, 150K balanced, these do not sound good. I do have the WX2 box but believe it is defective. I have downloaded the Vandertones and am using a multi-meter to check AC voltage at the speaker. None of that matters if I do not have various capacitors to try. 

So.... since I do not know the correct input impedance for this amp, does anyone have one they are using successfully with a 2w series sub-woofer?

PS, the advertised spec I found for the amplifier is 22K single ended. The 20K single ended crossover does not sound or measure correctly. I believe the impedance for the 8008x5 may be different from an 8008. Speakers are Vandersteen 2ci.

Thanks in advance!       
jwmorris
What kind of Voltmeter?
  FYI Harbour freight has a decent one for 23 bucks.
 Best JohnnyR
Hello everyone, I was able to borrow a WX2 from gdnrbob and do some more testing. Thanks gdnrbob! I measured the following using a Sears multi-meter. In each case my ears confirmed what the meter was telling me. All readings are using track 31 of the Vandertones after setting track 27 to the appropriate 1 volt AC reading. 

200k settings     .26 volts 
100k settings     .487 volts
50k settings      .755 volts 
33k settings      .849 volts
20k settings      1.050 volts 

Based on those readings I will buy a new or used 50K crossover. I believe the advertised impedance of 44k balanced for the Aragon 8008, is actually 44k single ended for the Aragon 8008x5.

One concern I have is if my crossover was old enough to read incorrectly, it is very possible my sub-woofer is not operating within specifications. If my sub-woofer is out of spec will it throw off the voltage readings? I will cross that bridge later.   

I will post pictures of the old crossover versus the newer one at a later date. Happy Thanksgiving!    
@jwmorris 
The WX2 I lent you was from a Vandy 2w sub from about 20 years ago (serial # 4K). 
So, if you found it stable, then something went wonky with the one you have. Perhaps Johnny or Mr. V. could provide some info?
I was going to call Johnny R and get his feelings on upgrading/checking my subs. I just got a pair of 2WQ's (about 4 yrs old), and can tell that there is a difference between the 2W and 2WQ. Whether it is due to the 'Q' or that the 2W's are so long in the tooth, I don't know, but I think taking them to Johnny for an overhaul couldn't hurt. I'll post what I find out.
I recall Mr. V telling me that if they make a 'thump' when you plug them in, then they are working. 
Bob