Esoteric C03 preamp or Mark Levinson 326S preamp- ANY and ALL FEEDBACK / HELP PLEASE

Esoteric C03 preamp or Mark Levinson 326S preamp 

ANY FEEDBACK - THOUGHTS - IDEAS would be so appreciated.

I am in the middle of total system re-fit and have made many changes - I am sure too many but I am quite happy now and now have my preamp choice down to these 2-preamps.

Can you guys provide any feedback about either of these. I like to hear from you guys. I read all the reviews on both and those are all well and good but I always get the real ho-down low-down from you guys - good or bad.

** Back Ground info**

** Room is 
14 x 24 w/Cathedral Ceilings - 16 Foot a peak

** Music likes:
Assorted Music no metal or loud hard rock anymore really - not much Large Scale classical either but everything else.

** Likes / Priority: 
Transparency - Delicate - Linear - High resolution - microscope but not sterile not etched or lifeless - I know there is a fine Line here but I'm looking to walk the line as close as I can - real see through into the music - transparent to the source because I love my DAC - extended and to remove as many layers without being clinical - image and sound stage lover - tight bass - hate flab - like speed and transparency but needs to be musical. 

** Perspetive
Just had a BAT VK32SE brand new tubes / certified pre-owned, mint same as new preamp. Wrong match. Just looking to go total other way. Not what I am looking for.

** More Perspective - I have been running my Bricasti Direct M1SE to my Pass Labs X350.5 amps and really starting to love it. I want to expand on this sound a bit. Little more depth, width of stage, bass, dynamics but don't want to add veils or give up a lot in transparency - I know I will give up some vs direct in doing so. That is why I am looking for the very best SS preamp I can get in my range and have come up with these two choices and wanted to know your thoughts. 

System: 
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5160

Magico S5 Loud Speakers

Bricasti M1 Special Edition DSD DAC 

Pass Labs X350.5 Balanced Stereo Amplifier 

PS Audio P10 Power Plant Regenerator 

Kubala-Sosna Emotion 2.5M Speaker Cables 

Assorted IC's Balanced and Single ended.

Digital PC based front end that I have been tweaking and evolving:

Transport: microRendu 1.4 and Full Suite of UpTone Audio Premium Power Supplies (2)x LPS-1 and (1) JS2 LPS - (2) Regens - the new ISO and an Amber and all powered with premium/custom Canare / Oyide DC cables for all power supplies plus the great Tellurium Q Black Diamond Reference USB cable and a Curious Regen Link USB Cable.   

Really appreciate any help you can provide on these 2-preamps. If you would like more info please let me know - all comments and feedback are most welcome and deeply appreciated :)

Thanks guys/gals 

Fsmithjack 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
There are two newer versions of the C03, being C03x and later C03xs.
Sound stages & Sound stages Ultra reviewed these units as well as the C02, which is a higher up model.
from what I remember, one of the reviewers in replying to letters stated that these units have a "lovely romantic sound", but that they don't have that oomph for the bottom end.

since your Amp is a Pass, have you considered the Pass preamps like P20 or P10? They may have better synergies together...
if you're in Europe then there were a few of the Passes for sale on different boards just recently, and if in Asia then one or two units out of Hong kong on the bay...

I looked at the 326 for my Levinson amp and all the reviews were all good, however there wasn't that much enthusiasm about it which I suspect was due to it's relatively high cost at the time it first came out ($10k circa 2006)...so I guess this to be a very good unit especially if you can get it at a good price...
still I'd suggest, if at all possible, to listen to anyone of these before purchase to make sure they match the rest of your system, and think twice about the synergies of the Pass preamps...
Good luck
Thanks for the info and feedback. I’m in US - Boston. They’re is a couple XP10 out there and it’s quite a bit less money but Ive heard over and over it’s a decent Preamp but the Mark Levinson 326s, Esoteric C03 and Ayre K-1xe are all in another class.

I did think about the Pass but it’s about to be replaced and really would like to get the best pre i can and set it and forget it but yeah thought of the Pass for sure. The Esoteric is the oldest one. There is one in Canada but it’s over double the price of these. I’m in the second hard market $4k price range for the best SS pre i can get.

I did Just have a Dealer offer to take my Pass amp and BAT pre and the cash I was going to put toward the Levinson and he would give me Vitus Audio RI-100.

i wasn’t looking at or considering Vitus but everywhere I read everyone says Vitus is the very best match for my Magico S5 Speakers. Hmmmm

I would think my Pass Labs X350.5 and a Mark Levinson 326s would be better than the Vitus RI-100 but i guess should at least consider but doubt I’d do it. 

What do you guys think? 
My friend who is using the Magico S5 mk II speakers is driving them with a Vitus SIA-025 mk.II integrated amp and he is very happy.
He is also using a Vitus SCD-025 mk.II CD player.
That is a sick 😷 system - and another example of a happy Vitus Magico combo. I’ve heard that CD Player - it’s amazing. I’d love to here the S5 MKII’s but I’m afraid too. Just got happy about my original version i don’t want to ruin it. :) 
Well he did have the original S5’s with the same Vitus SIA-025 integrated amp before he upgraded to the S5 mk II’s.

FYI, he is using all Jorma cables and cords, which are quite pricey, but he loves the Magico/Vitus/Jorma combination.