26"-32" LCD HDTV Buying Angst--Toshiba? Sony? etc.

I'm shopping for a LCD HDTV, probably a 26", & probably either a Sony KDL26S2000 26" Bravia, or a Toshiba REGZA 26HL66 26". This is based mainly on reading reviews on Amazon, & in CR. It would be either for my 12" x 16" LR, or my 10" x 11" BR, why I'm leaning towards a 26" (& the rooms are adjacent, so I can move a 35lb. TV from room to room if need be). I can order the Toshiba for about $800, or the Sony for about $724.

Any advice? Should I wait for the prices to drop more? I have CRT TV's in both rooms now, so it's not urgent, but I have "the urge to Buy Something", you know how that is :-) Oh, & my LR is my main Listening room, with Totem Mani-2's, etc., so TV & DVD watching is important, but secondary to music listening.

TIA for any feedback, steve
steveaudio
I recently purchased a small (32") LCD. I ended up getting a Sony but I was very impressed with the Panasonic LCDs. And they're cheaper than the Sony too. I thought the Toshiba was good too, but just a tiny touch less good than the Panasonic or Sony.
Since I discovered how much stereo imaging improved when I removed my Sony 36 XBR from between my KEF 104/2s, I've come up with a plan for a Sony Pearl (VW50) projecting onto a 92" diagonal Stewart SST FireHawk screen for movies and certain HDTV programs. For casual TV viewing I plan to supplement this with a 26" - 38" flat panel TV that can be wheeled into place much as a tea or bar cart might be.

The room is 14 X 19, we would be 10.5' from the projection screen, within SMPTE and THX guidelines.

I ask Chadnliz why this isn't practical. Only needs power and HDMI cables; wheeling distance would be about 6'.

The result would be the best of both worlds: great stereo imaging for music and video immersion for movies. 5.1 is already spectacular.

db
I'm glad we have already a few opinions. I hang,a lot at avsforum. ---My sisters old Sony glass tube went south. Just about that time there was plenty of buzz about this tv from Costco---the Sceptre 32.---Well I talked her into getting one. I also talked her into getting the TWC box exchanged for their HD box.--The combination of the tv and hd box; makes for a picture to die for; at only $600 bucks. 32 in a widescreen is just the right size coming form a 27 4.3 set.(( Yup, it has a hdmi))
I thought I'd add an extra tasty reason for buying at Costco. You won't need to buy CC or BB's extended warranty @ 100 or so. Costco has the best exchange in the business. This lil' tv is a giant killer.