Harbeth C7ES vs Maggie 1.6 QR

Does anyone have experience with these (very different) speakers?

I own a Plinius 8200 MII integrated and was told the Harbeths sound magical with it.

My Maggies are great but I am looking for a more dynamic sound with better midrange tone.

I expect the Maggies to beat the Harbeths in the bass, is this correct?

I use all AZ wire.

any comments are appreciated.

Phil
128x128philjolet
Hi. I too thought the 1.6 lacks dyanmic but that was until I hooked it up to the 200-watts tube Hurricane.
Let me set a few things straight .The maggi 1.6 when set up properly and with a amp that has balls it is far better than what i just read i have had many big names speakers .
1 Get rid of the fuse and jumpers altogether they are holding the maggis back it is more clear and detailed , also i am using probably the best amp not many know of
Dac- Digital Amplifier Co.out of Pa. this is the Cherry + amp I have is technically digital but was voiced with the best of tubes and SS and sound nothing like digital.My freind has a wyred for sound st 500 it was not even close to the Cherry. Stereo times online did a review on it , 10 most wanted for 2010.It has 5 improvemnts since then, Nuforce 18, and the best spectron or Bat and Pass labs this amp trumps them all for totally overall musicalityI hav heard them all .I have a super clean 750wpc into 4 ohms and the maggis soar .The bass is the bass I have ever heard and the one weakness of digital in the past being brittle not any more clear and detailed with a nice rich midrange vacuum tube like .even their entry level model is killer check this amp out.The amplifier makes or break the quality of the maggis sound .I am also running a Velodyne Qed -r sub at 50hz and under.
I just did some research on the Cherry amps. I know this is the speaker forum, but those seem impressive. It is just interesting how an amplifier have such a dramatic impact on the speakers performance. I have experienced this too at times. There have been times where I have made a speaker change when maybe an amp change was more in order. Oh well, hard to tell sometimes. So good for you on the amp find to light up your system.