New Rel T5i. Anyone heard them?

Hi everyone!
My local dealer do not have rel t5i in demo.
Anyone heard the new REL t5i? How does it compare to the old REL t5 or the REL s2?
The new rel t5i use a new metal driver. 

Id really love to know about people who heard rel s2 along rel t5 and rel t5i?
Thanks!
murphythecat
I cannot answer the question, but I suppose the differences will be relatively minor. More generally, it is a good idea to have two small subwoofers rather than one big (unless you want HT bomb sounds), for a smoother response over wider area. Accepted wisdom seems to be that it is better to use them in mono rather than one per channel. I would also strongly recommend using a room eq like the Antimode 8033.
And indeed, the idea that Asian products are of inferior quality is nonsense. I have seen too many shoddy UK or US products for that (and also many very good ones, of course).

jaybe-

where are your factual claims? We do not know one another?

You are the individual shooting your mouth off otherwise. I stand firm on my assessment on older REL models. The newer models will be hit-and-miss. Happy Listening!

thanks for the help guys
I actually went and bought a REL T5i to compare to my REL T5. imo, the REL t5i is a relatively significant upgrade vs the previous rel t5

here are my thoughts:
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/rel-t5i-vs-rel-t5-my-opinion.656659/
@murphythecat

A question here on the T5i and its ability to blend with speakers. I read your comments on SH forum with the T5i not being able to use with a Harbeth speaker because the crossover on the T5i would not roll off enough below 55Hz. I am not versed in using subwoofers, so I am rather confused about this. And I may not be understanding what you said.
What I am considering is to pick up a T5i to augment a center channel speaker in a home theater system. I would be using the Speakon high level connection cable. This would not be for the LFE track. The center speaker is a Polk LSiM706, which is rated down to 50Hz, -3dB. Basically, the goal would be to turn the Polk into a full range speaker. The sub would sit on the floor directly below the Polk speaker.

https://www.polkaudio.com/products/lsim706c

Could you comment on whether or not this T5i would or would not work with the Polk speaker for my purpose? The frequency response would not have to be perfect. It would just need to extend the bass reach of the Polk speaker.

yes, my mesurements of the REl t5 and rel t5i made clear that at the lowest setting (30hz) on the knob, the rel t5or t5i only starts to roll off around 55hz. therefore, if your speakers are -3db at 45hz, you will get a quite serious bump at from 40hz to 80hz, making the sub imo useless

IMO, its only with the P3esr or Atc scm7 which are about -3db at 65hz that I could have decent integration. I think the rel t5/t5i only works with very small speakers that a limited in extension.
if your speakers extend down to 50 or even 60hz, i dont think tis a good match.

and tbh, a 8 inch sub is really only meant to go with very small 5 inch or 4 inch based speakers. makes no sense to add a rel t5 with speakers using 6.5inch or 8 inch woofers.

my recommendation? get bigger speakers or get a real sub with at least a 12 inch woofer. those rel t5i with their weird ass roll off behavior are toys