Upgrading form Pass integrated amplifier to a better one

Hello,

Currently I have a PASS INT-250 integrated amplifier . The Pass INT-250 is a very good integrated (in my system it was overall better than Plinius Hiato, Gamut D150se, Mark Levinson 535, Vitus RI-100,  Accuphase E-470 and some others) but I can't get rid of the feeling that I miss some explosiveness (drum kicks for example) and micro details.

I know that its not the speakers. The new Sonus faber tradition I have are much more open, dynamic and airy than previous Guarneri Evos, Elipasas SE and Amati Anniversarious I used to own. And before buying them I auditioned the Serafinos with Audio Research separates and it was the amazing combo. But I really prefer not to go the separates road ( ICs, power cords and space contribute to financial constrains also) and even so I like the combo of Pass and Serafinos overall but from time to time looking for some better integrated on the market.

Currently I presented with a good opportunity to buy latest Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated or latest just released Accuphase E-650.  No possiblilty to demo them, so I am asking here on the forum if anybody can comment if Gryphon Diablo 300 or Accuphase E-650 will be better integrated than Pass INT250 overall and especially in terms of dynamics, micro details and harmonics.

Any advise and opinion would be very appreciated.

My system: Esoteric K-05x, Pass INT-250, Sonus Faber Serafinos, all cabling are the Shunyata Sigmas.

Room is 12" wide by 17" long. Listen mostly acoustic jazz and chamber classical on low to moderate levels.

Thank you.

denon1
I own an Accuphase E-600 and I am always questioning myself in terms of what would be the next step up. The new E-650 will be an improvement over my model. The first one is slated for delivery in December and will be available to hear in MA at Legend AV. I am considering tubes and have found that speaker cables can play more than a minor part in equipment synergy. I have come to the conclusion the amp selection/evaluation is only one part and that in many cases, other speaker cables must be evaluated as part of that process. I know that’s not what you wanted to hear but the issue is a real one, at least based on my experience.

I have auditioned or owned all the pieces you have tried other than the Viva Solista (which is something I would like to try). As for other brands, you might try contacting Philip O’Hanlon at On A Higher Note (US importer of Gryphon) to see if he can facilitate an in-home trial. 

Keep me posted as I am also on the "upgrade" path!
Greginnh, is E-600 really being class A really better than other integrated models in accuphase range? Did you had a chance to demo and compare? But still Accuphase is way overpriced here in US, so I doubt I will proceed looking at the new model.
denon1 - IMO - yes. I owned the E-470 and it was good but not great. It had plenty of power but lacked some finesse that only Class A can impart. You are correct, the Accuphase is grossly overpriced due to importer’s ridiculous mark up. I never pay retail for any of my gear anyway. You can always get a heftty discount off retail on Accuphase.

Where are you located?

Greginnh, so you are saying that E-600 is more refined than E-470?, what else, more 3d, more texture, micro details, how its bass?  I never buy retail and currently have a pretty good deal on coming E-650 since its supposed to be better according to a specs. But again no possibility to audition.

Thanks again.

Better in all aspects and nothing missing in the bass department. It's almost impossible to find an Accuphase dealer who has the item as a demo, available for in-home trial.