onkyo vs. Marantz A/V recievers which better?

I am looking at purchasing a HT receiever (7.1). I am down to two models: Onkyo TX-SR804 or Marantz SR5001. The price point are about equal. I am new to HT scene, and not sure which is best to purchase? My listening will be 90% movies, and look forward to creating a second zone that doesn't require an external receiver. Speakers B&W 601, 603, and LCR600 Series 3
dvdgreco
don't before you check out the yamaha rx-v1700. In the same price range and extreamly versatile and feature rich. Upconverts everything to HDMI and theater processing is stunning. For a couple hundred more the rx-v2700 adds even more power, can bi-amp speakers, video scaling and more.
I 2nd Ben's Yamaha recommendation. Go for the 2700 model and you'll be pleased.
Qualification: I have no business involvement, directly or indirectly with Yamaha in any way.
Good Listening!
I would NOT second the Yamaha recommendation, as I've NEVER been impressed with their ability to create a transparent view into music. All of their HT products as well as their Integrated receivers have a veiled sound to me, which creates a separation and involvement with what I'm trying to hear.

Of the two choices you're interested in feedback on, I'd select the Marantz over the Onkyo.
I am now looking also at a Denon 3806 and Harmon Kardon avr645. How do these rate compared to the Marantz and Onkyo. I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide a link to any customer driven reviews on any of these models.
I 2nd dawgbyte's response concerning Yamaha-thought I was
upgrading a few years back went from Harmon Kardon avr-85
to Yamaha-rxv3000-IMHO--there was no comparision in sound-
I sold the Yamaha--purchased a HK-avr7200-there is truth
to the high current sound that HK- promotes-highly recommended.Good luck.