Best Integrated, period.

Has anyone compared, Gryphon Diablo, Gamut Di150, Vitus SS101, Krell FBI, APL UA-S1 Jeff Rowland Continuum 500? Please add what you found to be best integrated.
perrew
Is the INT 150 the Pass model we're talking about?

Is there another Pass integrated besides this one?
While it may not be the "best" in absolute terms, the set of two Pathos Classic One MkIII tube hybrid integrateds running in Mono mode are wonderful. I have not encountered another amplification scheme quite like it, nor one that sounds quite like it. Quite a lovely concept and execution.

At upgrade time I sold my MkII's to a man downsizing from Boulder separates. He was surprised at how little he gave up in terms of performance. I wasn't surprised.
The Absolute Sound review of the Pass INT-150 is in the September issue.

They said the front on view is "As imposing as a Peterbilt"

Neil Gader said "it's sweet and romantic, neutral and warm". Robert Harley in a side bar to the main review, "There must be a strong family resemblance between the INT-150 and the XA-100.5.

Neil went on to say "It's a musical force of nature."

You have to take reviews with a grain of salt, but as a former Pass Alep 1.2, 3, J, and XA-30.5 owner, I can tell you that Pass SS is very special and the only SS (well, maybe Ayre)that appeals to me, though I still prefer tubes.
The Pass sounds wonderful.

I'm still thinking though that the Rowland 500w/ch Class D is probably the best high end match for my big power sucking Ohms.

I almost went straight to Class D power amplification during my last upgrade, but decided to go with the Musical Fidelity A3CR which I picked up for a pittance in the interim in that I thought it would work well (it does) and give Class D some additional time to mature.

The A3CR is doing very nicely, but when the time comes to replace the Carver pre-amp, one of these beefier integrateds with a good integrated phono section may well be the way I go .