Esoteric Grandioso P1/D1

Hello, wanted to start a thread on the new flagship Esoteric Grandioso P1 D1 digital system. Haven't seen any out there and also there is not much information on the web either. Just a couple of reviews and that is about it.

Idea is to share experiences and knowledge on this digital playback system from owners, people that has listened to it, with first hand experience for whatever reason, or just for those who may be interested to ask questions as potential future owners...

If you are reading this, you probably know the system is composed of 4 pieces: A transport, the power unit of transport, and 2 mono DACs for each channel.

Additionally, you can use (and I do recommend it to a great extend) the clock G01, so overall a 5 pieces system.

This digital replaces the old 01 which has been in the market for a long time and brings new interesting features it will be nice to discuss in depth.

Some are quite new or at least not seen before in high end audio like the use of a proprietary transfer protocol (ES-LINK 4) using HDMI cables.

it allows direct DSD and 352.8kHz/48bit PCM ultrawideband digital transmission using an HDMI cable for each DAC.

http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esoteric/p1d1/indexe.html

But most importantly, to discuss it's music reproduction qualities and different configurations and experinces.

Despite being out there for a while already, I can't understand why there hasn't been much said about them. I guess Esoteric should expend a bit in adds to get the atention of the pro audio publications... :-)

Anyway, I have these for less then a month, and despite having very little hours on them, they are quite something. However they are still evolving so will wait on my side a while still to talk in detail about the sound.

Hope this thread is of use and helps owners, potential ones, and others gather and share lots of information.

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Tom,

I thought I'd wake up this thread by letting you know that from what I've heard, Shunyata is about to release a pure 50-ohm SIGMA-level (i.e. their top of the line) "CLOCK50" cable with an absolutely certified 50-ohm connection that is their own in-house design.  I'm using two of their SIGMA AES/EBU cables for the last couple of months between my P-02 and D-02 with breathtaking results.  They replaced another high-end manufacturer's top-line cables that I could not find the better of for 5+ years and these new Shunyata's are by leaps and bounds better.   The differences are not subtle!
I need some advice as I’m unsure which option would give me the better SQ for my investment: I have an Esoteric X03SE and want to use it as a transport into the D1(s) (to be purchased) or buy a K1 Grandioso.
thanks
I don’t believe you can use the X03SE as a transport for a pair of D1 monoblock DACs as the X03SE does not offer dual-AES outputs. You could connect to one of the D1s using S/PDIF coaxial but not the other. If you looked at an D02X Esoteric DAC, you could run 1 S/PDIF output from the X03SE into D02X.

Unless you would plan to eventually move up to the P-02X transport to drive the D-02X to its full potential using dual-AES or dual-HDMI cable connect methods which unlocks all the magic and features that the combination of P-02X and D-02X is capable of, you are probably MUCH better off moving solely to an Esoteric Grandioso K1. That single-box unit is winning hearts and minds (and ears) of MANY people for the past few months. I know of 6 very picky audio-nuts that are loving theirs and reporting fantastic results saying they’ve never heard its equal in all their time in audio. 2 at least are vinyl fans and are saying it comes so close that they have been spending more time with their K1 than with their vinyl since getting the K1.
Hi,
can anyone who has specific knowledge (I.e. owned any of these units) of the Esoteric 
separates lines give me a comparison between the D1/P1 Grandioso 
and the Esoteric D-02/P-02 (non x) units?
I’m seriously considering purchase (value is not the concern, ONLY sound quality).
Detailed differences are appreciated and I do not wish to offend current owners,
only to receive most knowledgeable feedback.
Thanks in advance,
JL