Room Acoustics

I’m moving into and new place and going to have a dedicated listening room for the first time. No more living room listening for this guy! Though my room is going to be a little acoustically challenged and I was hoping to get some advice on the best ways to midigate the problem. The room is 13’ x 12.5’ x 6.5’, I know, super low ceiling :( Floors are concrete and I was planning and throwing an area rug down. Other then putting up some acoustical paneling does anyone have suggestions or clever ideas that would help? Thanks!

my system:
Rega RP6 turntable
Ayre P5-xe Phono preamp
Ayre Ax-7xe integrated amp
Vandersteen 2ce speakers
I listen exclusively to vinyl and have pretty wide music tastes. A lot of 60s and 70s rock and modern indie rock, as well as a little electronic and a little jazz. 
zedak
Buy a load of acoustic foam panels from eBay and some spray mount glue. Use a mirror to determine where First and second reflection points are on your side walls and glue the panels. It’s better to spray the wall and apply the foam rather than the other way around. This will make a a much improved sound stage and is not difficult to get right.
Buy a load of acoustic foam panels from eBay and some spray mount glue. Use a mirror to determine where First and second reflection points are on your side walls and glue the panels. It’s better to spray the wall and apply the foam rather than the other way around. This will make a a much improved sound stage and is not difficult to get right.
Actually, foam does not make for good acoustic panels.  It has some absorption in the upper frequencies, but anything down in the midbass is not treated well.  Better to order some Owens 703 panels from ATS Acoustics if you want to DIY.  The 2 foot x 4 foot panels can be wrapped in cloth (spray glue on the back side) and then just stacked against the walls where you want to treat reflections.  Since you have a concrete floor that is not going to be fully covered, the 703 will help control the clap echo.
Perhaps not all foam is the same but if the foam is similar to or is SONEX look out! And please if you’re a big fan of SONEX don’t flood my email box but SONEX is one of the worst products ever foisted on naive gullible audiophiles who have mostly likely seen all those photos of the walls of recording studios covered with SONEX. Even in small amounts SONEX obviously kills the sound, making it phasey and wooly and totally abhorrent. Ditto the foam in those cool looking IKEA chairs. Absolutely atrocious.