Room Acoustics

I’m moving into and new place and going to have a dedicated listening room for the first time. No more living room listening for this guy! Though my room is going to be a little acoustically challenged and I was hoping to get some advice on the best ways to midigate the problem. The room is 13’ x 12.5’ x 6.5’, I know, super low ceiling :( Floors are concrete and I was planning and throwing an area rug down. Other then putting up some acoustical paneling does anyone have suggestions or clever ideas that would help? Thanks!

my system:
Rega RP6 turntable
Ayre P5-xe Phono preamp
Ayre Ax-7xe integrated amp
Vandersteen 2ce speakers
I listen exclusively to vinyl and have pretty wide music tastes. A lot of 60s and 70s rock and modern indie rock, as well as a little electronic and a little jazz. 
zedak
Yeah, I’m a bit salty about the 6.5’ ceiling, definitely not ideal. But I’m determined to make what I got work! Thanks for GIK references, they look great. 
I'm guilty of not reading your initial post carefully, zedak, and missed the low ceiling.  I have a 7 foot ceiling.  You can of course discuss treatment options for it with GIK or whoever.  During construction, we had Roxul installed between floor joists before the ceiling was finished.  Originally, this was done to provide some sound protection for the room above (great room w/TV and wife).  Surprisingly, I think the Roxul might have contributed beneficially to acoustics in the listening space too.  Whether due to Roxul or for other reasons, I'm not encountering any noticeable "ceiling bounce" though I'll add my floor standers while elevated are not especially tall and the room is otherwise well damped.  

http://www.roxul.com/products/walls/

Good luck with the project.  Hope you end up with a very enjoyable listening room.
Those ceilings being so low could definitely use some absorption . If your on a budget and you cannot afford the GIK which i believe to be fairly priced (No audiophile price inflation) you could build your own if you are diy type. First contact GIK though .
can you put the Rega in another room or closet?

GIK is very helpful and makes good products, but reading the Master Handbook (cited here several times) will help you understand a lot better.

DIY plans can be had for the cost of a Google search...

Buy a USB measurement mic for $90 and get a free copy of REL and use that too.
I like GIK too. 
We usually use a certified tradesman who specializes in the practical application of acoustic solutions (decoupling, sound proofing, modified HVAC if needed to retain environmental comfort, etc) in addition to GIK products/services. We have found the results are often very practical, decor and comfort is retained, and the end result is very acoustically pleasing.