Scam dealer on Ebay?

I’ve been noticing an Ebay dealer by the handle "skillful_sailor_japan" selling some good kit at exorbitant prices. Sponsored listings so they come up in your searches. Be careful out there especially if you’re not used to buying online/ebay. An example is a Jelco 250 (retails for $350) for $2000.

128x128noromance
I've noticed this guy pricing Levinson amps at 3-4 times their used value. I emailed him and asked why is he asking these crazy prices and never did answer lol.  The OP just asked a simple question and figures someone would make a mockery out of it. If you are selling a high end product such as Levinson I am sure you would have a clue what it is worth. 
If you are selling a high end product such as Levinson I am sure you would have a clue what it is worth.
Don't be so sure.  There is a pair of Vandy 5s (not 5As) that's been advertised by the same person on this site for several years.  $6250; factory boxes and HP-5 crossovers extra!

I'm guessing these kind of pricing is based on the "bigger fool" theory of real-estate...no matter how much you paid, there's a bigger fool out there somewhere who is willing to pay more ;-) 'course you see how that model panned out in the great recession.

Just my $0.02.  YMMV.
Yes. there are some shady people on ebay trying to scam your money. I have been in the market looking for a preamp, mainly for mcintosh preamps. The last six or seven times that i entered a search on ebay, i keep seeing these amplifiers at prices that are way to good to be true. So after watching this go on for a couple of times,(even though i know better), i decided to bid on some of these "probably to good to be true" amplifiers. First thing i notice as i scroll down to the description of the item, is a notice saying that "all bids will be rejected at time of bidding"??? and if you want to "buy it now" just click on to the button below, that is inside of a price sheet that shows if in united states, the price to buy it now is 1000 dollars. And if in the UK, the price is 1500 dollars. And if in Japan 2000 dollars. And so on and so on for other countries. The button obviously links you to the scam artist website. I am not really sure, because i know better than to fall for this, and would never try to break the ebay rules. So i just put in some good high bids to play it out and see what happens. After bidding i check out the sellers "other things for sale". WOW, they have just about every type of vintage guitar ever made for sale, and in just about every color ever made? Honestly i have never seen auction houses or any famous guitarist that retain as many at one time as this site claims to have for sale. Need a 1962 fender strat for 5 dollars opening bid, and the auction ends in 32 minutes. Yea right. Anyways, after seeing just about every amp that mcintosh makes for sale on these guys "ebay store", my curiosity gets the best of me and i start bidding on five or six of them, as i am insured by paypal and ebay, and if by chance this is legit, i stand to make a fortune by reselling them. At auction closing time, i can only watch one item, and every item on this store is closing at the same time. So i watch the mcintosh MC 2102, one of the many that i have bid on at this time. I am outbid and lose out on that one, so i go to check out what happened with my other bids, and get a note on the page that says that the numbers of the items do not match any that ebay has for auction? and to retry entering numbers again, as i might of made a mistake in entering them? I just clicked on to the items by scrolling down a little bit??? Who enters numbers when looking to find out what happened during final moments of auction? Anyways, the other items that i bid on now does not exist as far as the ebay site see's it. I was kind of bummed out at first but not really because of the "If it sounds too good to be true, It probably isn't" theory that is now hanging around my neck with a rope. Since that day, every time i run a search on ebay for a preamp, i get this entity showing the same 300 or so vintage guitars, stereo equipment, and other large business machines, like printing presses, pizza ovens and cloths presses for high end laundry mats. And every time the ebay store has a different name, but has good ratings from ebay? At first they were using names that related to perfumes, like perfumes were their main product. But now the names are different all the time. Always one day or two day auctions, and always offering the same identical pictures and items. and the same offer to "buy it now" by clicking the button that is inside their page, not the one that ebay designates. My biggest curiosity now is, How can ebay keep allowing this kind of stuff that is clearly a scam, to continue on their site? I am sure many others like me have tried to bid on these items and have experienced the same, type of bafflement. I never wanted to be bothered with scams or scam artist in any way, so that is why i never pursued the issue with customer service, but i am sure that many others have. And i would bet that ebay is very aware of what is going on. Sometimes they seem to actually encourage the pirates that copy everybodies products that have copyrights and patents on them, as if our laws (U.S.) mean nothing. As we all see every day that they (ebay) sell and promote these copied items. I do not understand how this goes on like everyday business with ebay? My only guess is that the united states probably is their least amount of customers.
One need look no further than Amazon to see ridiculously high prices for all manner of things, from out of print rare CDs, cassettes, signed tennis racquets, etc. Folks, this high listing technique is not a scam, it’s a sign that the thing is considered - at least by the seller - to have a potentially high value - at some time in the future. It’s speculation. Of course most of these high priced items don’t sell. That’s why they’re are still listed. That’s why you will see the the listening there for a year or two or more sometimes. Some things actually go up in value, so you never know, a thing’s value is what someone pays for it, someone who is not under any pressure to do so. Have you seen what Tesla stock is going for? Apple?