Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Post removed 
Hey Grannyring,

Sorry about your health concerns, hope you get well soon.

I have spent many hours listening to standard, not modified AZ Cresendo Speakers and find them to be a wonderful musical speaker.  If I had not purchased the Lawrence Audio Cello Speakers, which are just as musical and the equal of the AZ speakers, I would have considered buying a pair of Cresendo's for my reference system.

So, when you shared that the DI's are as good as a 20K speaker "is hyperbole in my humble opinion" with great vigor and passion I totally disagree with your position.  I know I can be politically correct and go back to this all boils down to personal taste and a disagreement among gentleman. However, your statement represents to me the defensiveness of owners who can't accept that a very inexpensive product out performs their very expensive piece.  I don't believe that the AZ speaker are any better then my Cello's, and before you retort that yours are modified and better-maybe so, and the standard DI's significantly out performed the Lawrence speaker in my system.

I also do not know what gear you drive your speakers with, I bring this up because I believe the AZ speakers are more for giving, they are slightly warm sounding overall, then the DI's, which are drop-dead neutral, and therefore this could also lead to different outcomes in tonality and bass response.

In my humble opinion, your statement is hyperbole regarding the hyperbole regarding what the Tekton speakers can compete with on the high-end market.

PS:  There are at least three professional reviewers who have shared to me that they "are eating crow" because when they first read my review on the DI's they thought I was on the take or drinking laced Kool-Aid to say they were better then the Cello's, until they got to hear them with their own ears.  All had reviewed or owned speakers above the 20K price range and admitted the DI's were at least as good or better then the much more expensive speakers. 

Bill (Grannyring), I just want to say thanks for the characteristically nuanced, thorough, and well written comments you provided about the DI earlier today. And, more importantly, to express the hope that the unrelated issue you referred to resolves quickly and fully.

Best regards,
-- Al

Hi Bill (Grannyring),
I feel that your assessment of the Double Impacts is very astute. Having heard this speaker my impression matches yours. It is a very good sounding speaker. As you point out it isn’t perfect (nor is any speaker) but it has substantial modification potential.

Your scrutiny of the quality of the wire,resistors and capacitors is on the mark (given the part list you provided). You very fairly acknowledge the reasons for the stock parts and the reality of price point and market/manufacturing considerations. You and I both know that judicious selection of premium capacitors, wire, resistors etc can result in truly impressive sound quality improvement.

People upgrade passive parts in 30-40,000.00 peakers so it is not a put down of the Double Impact to suggest the same. Your budget of 1500.00 dollars to upgrade (if so desired) would transform a very good sounding speaker to an even higher level. Good post and advice.you provided to this thread.
Charles
@Teejay,
"There are at least three professional reviewers who have shared to me that they "are eating crow" because when they first read my review on the DI's they thought I was on the take or drinking laced Kool-Aid to say they were better then the Cello's, until they got to hear them with their own ears. All had reviewed or owned speakers above the 20K price range and admitted the DI's were at least as good or better then the much more expensive speakers".

Are these three reviewers reviewing the DI's for publication? Are they members on Audiogon?  Can they post here? It would be nice to hear from the horse's mouth, so they can share their direct experience along with the speakers they compared the DI's to.