Dedicated Outlets - The Latest Recommendations

This topic has received a lot of attention over the years, but I'm having trouble pulling all the pieces together so that I can communicate to the electrician exactly what it is I'd like to have done.

I'm hoping to add two separate, 20 amp lines for my audio equipment, and since we are having our roof redone, this presents an ideal window for a project like this.

The service panel is on the lower level of the house near an outside wall, and the lines would come up the wall, travel across the space above the ceiling and under the roof (roughly 12 inches), and then down an inner wall to a room on the upper level.

I'd like to know what type of wire is best to use (the total distance from panel to outlets is about 75 feet), how it should be attached to the service panel, and what type of outlets are recommended.

I recall seeing advice in the forums to use twisted wire to reduce hum and EMI, and not to have the two runs too close to each other.

Any advice for specifying specific materials, and communicating with a non-audiophile electrician would be greatly appreciated!

And I'm hoping Jea48 and other knowledgeable members will chime in with either sage advice, or links to relevant sections of past discussions.  Perhaps we can make this thread a starting point for others contemplating similar projects.
rel
+1 Furutech GTD-D Rhodium outlets.

I am using these in my dedicated theater room and very pleased with the sound. Yes, they are expensive but well worth the price. Also they don’t damage the coating on your male AC plugs.

If you going by the code, 12 gauge Romex wire is designated for 20-amp circuits.

I would also recommend surge protection installed in your main breaker box, like Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Surge and AC Waveform Correction and EP-2070 ground filters.

You may speak to Chris at VH Audio about these, he is a great resource and very helpful fellow.

Good luck!

Post removed 
Post removed 
Many thanks to all for the suggestions, and apologies for my slow response.

Since @inna was first to respond, I went out and bought a generator, and hooked it up in my listening room.  Unfortunately, due to the racket, the only thing I could listen to was Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music," which sounded pretty good--until I was overcome by the carbon monoxide.  Luckily, the generator eventually ran out of gas, and I slowly came around.  I'm thinking now that maybe I was supposed to leave the generator outside??

On the other hand, I really appreciate all the other suggestions, especially the highly specific ones from @jea48 .  I will attempt to digest all the specifics and communicate them to my electrician.  I have a feeling there may be a certain amount of arm twisting involved, but I'll see what he has to say.  Luckily, as a long-time audiophile, I'm used to people thinking I might be a bit whacky.

Thanks again!
Post removed