What Turnatable now?

I everyone :-), Ever since I started listening to vinyl again (2012), It has been quite an enjoyable (at times frustrating) experience. So real quick here are the tables in order...REGA P3/24 stock RB301 arm with DenonDL110, Nagaoka MP200, DenonDL102, Dyanavector 10X5. The Dynavector was the best on this table bar far, imo. Thornes TD160 stock TP16 arm with Grado Sonota Reference , excellent combo. Then I was gifted (whole new level) a Project Xtension 10 stock 10" arm with Clearaudio Maestro V2. Dynavector 20x2L. The Maestro was very nice but I prefer the Dynaudio for its ability to sound more lively and dynamics seem more powerful. The Maestro is however a beautiful sounding cartridge very detailed. Overall though no matter what I did the Project was always a little too warm for MY already warmer than neutral sounding system. Now I have a J.A. Michell Gyro SE and Techno arm (newest version) with Dynavector 20x2L. I love this table! I love the way it sounds! Lively and exciting and everything to me just sounds "right", from rock to jazz reggae, blues. I have used many phono pre amps from Project, musical surroundings, then I bought a Manley Labs Chinook :-)

So a family member who has the same Project Xtension with the Maestro V2 MM (loves It) wants me to find him a table in the 3K to 4K range that he could use as well for edgier music like Hard rock, Classic Rock, Heavy rock, Punk...whatever. This he would like to try a LOMC :-) Also, last but not least I need a great sounding Phono Pre for 2k or less that can handle LOMC cartridges. The real kick is that I might end up with this table (thats why I included the above info about me) I would like something completly different....any suggestions?
128x128mattmiller
Matt,

I would go for a direct drive or idler drive.

Not sure of the cost but if you have woodworking skills you could get a Garrard or Lenco and make the plinth, which would keep your cost down.

Otherwise maybe a classic Denon or Kenwood L-07d
Garrard or Lenco sounds very nice indeed but a little beyond my skills as a wood worker (none) and budget I think. thanks tho :-)

Matt
Post removed