PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Preamplifier. DESTROYS SPEAKERS!!

A few months ago, bought TWO of the above mentioned preamps. ( I have 2 stereo systems)
Within 6 weeks of the purchase, the power supply of my speakers burns out!
I purchase and replace the power supply.
Three days later, the second newly replaced power supply is burnt out!
After much investigative work and heartache, I discover that the Pre amp is the problem.
It is defective and puts out DC. which burns out speakers.
After, testing the second unit, I find that it is defective as well, EXACTLY the same problem.
I return the units to my dealer, who returns them to Prima Lune.

I received a phone call from a Mr. Kevin Deal, big cheese at PrimaLuna.
Told me that the capacitors, on BOTH units had failed and the units were putting out DC.
He even THANKED me, for being a guinea pig, and discovering the flaw in his units.

He offered me a pair of tubes, as "compensation" for my troubles!! What a joker!!

WOW, a pair of tubes for blowing my $30,000. speakers!!

The height of arrogance and total disregard for the consumer of his product.
To all audiophiles, do yourself a favour, STAY AWAY for this brand, unless you want your speakers cooked.

TOTAL lack of quality control, MADE IN CHINA junk, what more needs to be said.

Mr. Deal, WAKE UP, and STOP selling defective products!!

If, you are using PrimaLuna, and your speakers fail, check the amp or pre amp.

George

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
thorloki
The Bryston amps, as well as many other high end amps, DO NOT
have DC output protection.
Usually a relay is required for DC protection, but it can be implemented by other means such as crowbar circuit (which is a means of shorting out the power supply of the amp if the DC circuit is triggered).

From the STEREOPHILE review:
https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/108bry/index.html
Because the 28B-SST's components and circuits are rugged, the protection-circuit parameters are not as restrictive as are found in other amplifiers. Even so, the protection circuit is designed to handle most fault conditions, including shorts and DC offset.
It would not surprise me to find out that the above comment is actually false; that would not be a first for Stereophile.  Calls to Bryston here in the US and Canada did not get me to the bottom of it. I'll try again on Monday.
Gee, could it possibly be that Stereophile routinely writes/repeats whatever market-speak they get from the manufacturer and only refute the mumbo-jumbo if JA happens to discover the discrepancy on the test bench-which is often hit and miss? But of course the main point is not the integrity of Bryston's designs or product but PL. At this point I will assume that the OP is legit since he has not retreated from his post and KD has not joined in. The OP still made some bone-headed equipment matches. 
The Bryston manual is here:  http://www.bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/28BSST_MANUAL.pdf
Doesn't mention DC protection circuit, though it has a soft start and thermal overload... OTOH, the manual doesn't go into specifics, except for certain turn on/off procedures, and connections. 
Sorry to read of the Loss of the ML's--fine speakers I've heard them

I've struck this DC problem   destroying my speakers-Twice!

Crown D150--JBL Jubals

Counterpoint  SA3000(?)  Spendor BC1s

Both the above two Amp Mfgs to avoid in my book anyway

team  
Post removed