Is there a better integrated amp than the Cary SI-300.2d for the money?

Hi all,

I have a very large stereo system from PBN that I love.  The two amps each weigh 200 lbs (with 4 kva transformers each) and there is a separate very large power supply for both the preamp and phono preamp.  Top notch quality.  But, too big for our new house.  Again, I love that system (2 Olympia amps together with the Olympia LX and Olympia P preamps) but need to switch.  Does anyone have experience with the Cary SI-300.2d integrated amp?  What are some good solid state amps at the $4k - $5k price range?  Thanks in advance for your help.

ozfly
I just purchased the Classe Sigma 2200i integrated not long ago. Steroophile gave it an “A” rating and I’m ver happy with it. I’m looking forward to using the room equalization features, but can’t speak to the quality of the onboarrd DAC.

The amplifier section is identical to the highly regarded Classe CA-D200.

Thanks grannyring. I’ll look into it and try to compare it to the Cary provided the pricing is in the ballpark. I do have one or two analog inputs so I’ll ask Neal about that.

sfseay, thanks for the suggestion.  I'm a little nervous about class D -- maybe I'm just old fashioned. 

Classe Classe claims it isn’t standard Class D, and they designed their own amplifier.  They have a white paper out that explains the technical details.  Also, look at the Stereophile review to get some insight.  I bought a used demo so I got a good price.  
Classe claims it isn’t standard Class D, and they designed their own amplifier. They have a white paper out that explains the technical details. Also, look at the Stereophile review to get some insight. I bought a used demo so I got a good price.  I’m coming from a Mcintoshe preamp and amplifier and I like the sound of the Classe better, especially since I listen to digital exclusively.