Member's recommendations for tube amplification

Your thoughts on options to consider:

- I'd prefer SET (open to DHT but not a requirement).

- I'm not looking for overtly warm, romantic or lush options.

- Minimum power in the teens to twenties, 10W being the floor.

- Open to higher power push-pull amps, but let's limit ceiling to around 60W.

- Single ended is fine though having XLR inputs would be nice (doesn't have to be true balanced)

- I'm cool with single chassis or monos.

- I have preferences for tube types, but leaving it open ended to get broad recommendations.

- I'm currently running an all solid state system, though have had tube based systems built around ARC, BAT, Ayon, Melody, Pathos, etc.

- Preamp will be a Pass XP-20 or the Metrum Adagio DAC direct to the amp.

- I'd like to stay around 3K used but can push the budget to 6K new/used.

- Speaker sensitivity is 94dB and higher.

THANKS!
david_ten
David,
You’re in a good situation, speakers that have made you happy and a top notch Pass Labs XA 30.8 as  your amplifier reference point. Your approach is very rational, taking time to learn more about the "many" fine choices available to you. I believe that your quest will end very successfully. Your thread has generated informative commentary and perspective.
Charles
Jack Elliano developed a technique to reduce distortion he called 'Class A3' (as opposed to class A or class A2). As a result, his SET amps were the exception to the 20-25% rule to which most SETs adhere. Jack had a patent filed on the concept.

Regarding discourse on the threads, I find for the most part that the best approach is to not take things personally regardless of the conversation. I see it as not really being my problem when someone makes personal attacks. Occasionally I'll get trolled; however the site is moderated, but in order to invoke the moderation you have to report the offending post. I find that its really important to not respond to a post that offends you. Occasionally the thread gets taken over by trolls and at that point I stop posting on such a thread- there is no further point.

These tactics work pretty well regardless of what site I post. There is one site, hydrogenaud.io, that is very much all about objective measurement and also has an unusually high troll content; on that site you have to have a pretty thick skin. But the same ideas apply even there.

When you take all the weirdness and such that are part of the internet forum experience personally, that's when it stops being fun. And the fact of the matter is that there isn't a good reason to take anything said here personally! 
I was picking up my new speakers at Deja Vu Audio the other day and saw a pair of pushpull 6L6 monoblocks that might just fit the bill for you. It was their own build and they build fantastic amps over there. No idea the price but worth checking into plus they give fantastic advice. They also carry two other brands @larryi mentioned Audio Note and Synthesis. Lots of good discussion here,  now everyone take a deep breath and crank some tunes!
The Viva Audio amps fit your criteria almost exactly.  Not warm - very lively and dynamic.  They are Single Ended Triode in the upper teens and lower 20 watt range, but can easily drive most speakers.  
Let me give a recommendation for Raven Audio Tube Amps.  Dave Thomson is the owner and live in Texas.  He is also a Legacy dealer.  He has a pair of DI's that he hooked up to his amps.  I have the Raven Audio Reflection MK2 Integrated amp at 58wpc.  Not only is it beautiful but the sound that comes out of it is mesmerizing.  They are powering my Sonus Faber Homage Amati Traditions.  He has many different tube amps that would meet your needs.  You should give him a call.  Look up his website.   American Made!