Just retired and want to get back to vinyl listening

I'm reeducating myself.... after years of no TT and focusing on just stereo listening.. I had a some early Klipsch Hersey’s and some GENESIS speakers pair with Yamaha receiver and low end turntable 30-40 years ago -- I can afford a higher end setup this days -- so what are thoughts on pairing a luxman l-550axII with Klipsch cornwalls?

I like the Herseys for music in the day.. cornwalls seem to be larger herseys but may well need audtion some of the tower types folks seem to tout..

I still thinking on TT -- but may get a VPI scout or prime -- thinking through the cartridge choices and other things is still a serious education -- recc?

music taster are varied -- jazz to singer vocalist miles davis - linda Ronstadt and a host of others for vocal musics and instruments- soft rock of the 70-80s- to some classical

thoughts -- looking to 15-20K for the refit for stereo listening - but could stretch some if I like the setup

steventoney
steventoney, I thought I’d offer my two cents. I own the Luxman L-590 AX. There is one version newer, the L-590 AXII. The version prior to mine was the L-590 AII, which had a flip-down panel covering the lower controls. I bought my amp here earlier this year. It’s some of the very best money I’ve spent. I want to throw this out, because it seems to be some sort of a secret. While the 590 is called Class A, and the published output is 30w/channel, it actually puts out right at 90w/channel, (presumably switching to A/B). I bought mine without having ever heard one, and it was a leap of faith. I briefly considered the smaller L-550, but decided to go with their top integrated, and am glad I did. There are reviews out there, but you need to search hard. The new listing here on Audiogon is exactly like mine, condition included. I paid $900 less than that, shipped, which seems to be about the going rate for a very nice example.
L.
You mentioned vintage look and  having Yamaha in the past.  Have a look at the current Yamaha integrateds.  The A-S2100 and the next up A-S3000 are on sale at MusicDirect.     
I reiterate what rstheno had to say. VPI Prime. Soundsmith Zephyr mimc.

Rogue audio cronus magnum ii with the kt120..

That leaves over 10k for speakers. I have a long history with Klipsch but I would go for sonus faber Olympica 3 or vandersteen 5a used or audiophysic Avanti  (new series)
The listed 590 ax Luxman is tempting, but I must be patient and get moved first.................

I hope to listen to that specific set sonus faber speakers and the vandersteen quarto wood ct -- devore gibbon x and the box types devore 0/96 -- maybe even the harbeth box 40.2 -- the vandersteen 5A is outside my budget for this first setup.. Also it brings on another separate discussion on speakers with built bass amps - version passive bass stages in the speakers I have been mostly looking at.   I may stretch speakers to around 12-14Kish, but was hoping for 5-10K as the overall budget was 20ish -- we will see -- I may start in the 15-20 K range for all the sundries and the update as I learn and experiment

starting point is modest memory replicant -- TT - I-amp - speakers with a retro feel and experiment from there

thanks for all the input -- I will get down and serious on buying after I get moved and have a new place..
Are you people saying that this Luxman would overall be better than Pass INT-60, phono aside ? I am not familiar with Luxman.
Another theoretical possibility is JM Focal Utopia. It will require tube amplification and well matched cables or it will sound bright.
Something like this or higher:
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-jm-labs-utopia-alto-be-2017-09-06-speakers