Why are tweeters so high off of the ground in many tower speakers...

...when most peoples ears are much lower when seated??

I've read many times that the tweeter should be at approximately ear level.  Well, I am 6 feet tall, and sitting straight up on my couch my ears are about 40 inches off the floor, lower of course if slouch.  My Artemis - Eos speakers have the tweeters at 45 inches high, so not too bad, but many others that I've seen are 50 inches high and more and I don't understand the designer's thinking.   Is a 10 - 12 inch difference in height acceptable or should the speaker be tilted down, which I think would create a whole new set of issues.
aigenga
Sorry, I can't answer your question,  but I can say the Artemis EOS were one of my favorite speakers I've ever owned.
Post removed 
Depends on the radiation pattern. One assumes the on axis response of the speaker measures or at least sounds flat when the listener is seated. There are so many room acoustics factors that complicate frequency response of any speaker as to almost make the question mute. Oops, I mean moot. 

Post removed 
With your loudspeaker at that height the accuton tweeter is off axis pretty much bouncing its energy over a seated listeners head that is sub optimal design. Design appears to be modeled after the old Wilson watt puppy setup and that I have had experience with good for standing listening seated not so much so.