Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
I believe there are two kinds of audiophiles:those who use components to listen to music,and those who use music to listen to components.
quoted from: AHC the absolute sound.My reference is live music.
ALLEN THE VOLUME KING.
Nice quote. Volume should likewise be different depending on the recording. Acoustic jazz trio in a club versus rock at a large venue. The illusion that you're there when you close your eyes. 
Hi All.

OMG, I can not believe that I am responding for the first time to this particular thread. When I clicked "last" I expected page 8, not 52... I too am looking to replace my current speakers. 

Currently, I am using the Decware 945's with the midrange option.

Love them, however, I can not crank the volume to a point where they can be fully "present".

I am using a Cary SLI-50 (EL-34 based amp - VERY nice tubes currently in it...) w "bla bla la" whatever in front as far as TT and phono stage goes

Here's my thing. It starts w the recording/pressing. The cartridge interprets that. Then there is a bunch of translation between the cartridge and the speakers.

As you get money, you change the bits in between.

With limited budget - divorce - I have to be careful w how I move forward with my audio therapy.

I have been looking to replace the Decwares w Harbeth 30's. The Cary w a "modern" C22 and one of their SS amp's. The TT can wait as I want to do a Lenco DIY Corian plinth TT. PS, pending tone of TT.

These speakers are getting some seriously great reviews.

My question is this. How do they compare to the 30.1's and how do they compare to these https://www.vonschweikert.com/copy-of-vr-reference-loudspeakers  The Von Schweikert VR Reference? 

I have a friend who is running a C2600 through some MC75's into a pair of Von Schweikert speaker - model number I forget - but they are WAY up the evolutionary ladder. And OMG do they sound great.

Would greatly appreciate some input as I am not necessarily a newbee to figuring out what kind of sound i like, but I have been out of the game for a long time and I have limited, albeit reasonable, resources.

Thanks in advance,

P
Post removed 
Perkri,

If your question is how do the DI's compare to the VSA VR-33's I can shed some light on that as I own both.  The 33's took forever to break in--almost sent them back.  But after 300hr they evolved into a very nice speaker.  Easy to drive, they sound very nice with tubes or SS.  The BIG advantage for some is that this speaker was designed to sound great up against the front wall.  So in some situations this is a big advantage.  I have them in a large open room and they sound far better with a seated position towards the rear of the room.  This is not a speaker that sounds great in near field applications. They really open up when there is more reflected sound

The DI's however best the 33's in just about every other respect.  The DI's are a bit more dynamic, have better clarity and detail, have much better impact in the bass and midbass.  I would never listen to the DI's up against the front wall.  Pulled well out into the room and maximizing first arrival information they image beautifully and outclass the 33's here too.

Both these speakers are excellent values for the money.  The 33's have have fewer higher quality drivers and a much better dead cabinet.  But the DI's, despite their economy cabinet, win out overall.  Driver quality  is good to very good--but the key to the great sound is in the driver implementation/tweeter array.