Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
Oppo ppl make a great machine but the other brands you mention are leagues ahead of it.  Esoteric, Luxman, Bryston.  I had a parasound cd1 and it ran circles around any oppo machine. Oppo is good for the price but the other stuff is next level. I use the Resonessence Mirus Pro Dac which is the high end Dac of the brother of the guy who makes the oppo. It's a great Dac one of the best I have ever heard!
Oppo ppl make a great machine but the other brands you mention are leagues ahead of it. Esoteric, Luxman, Bryston.

And how about for video?

I feel the need to repeat myself. The Oppo UDP-205 is an **absolutely essential** piece of gear in any serious A/V system, regardless of how much better any other brand is (from a CD/SACD only perspective and in keeping with the thread/OP question). My suggestion, buy both, a UDP-205 and whatever else.
I should have added that I have my 103D going into a NAD M51 DAC and it sounds fantastic......
I haven't heard the Esoteric but I got the OPPO 205. The 205 is very detailed but found it digital sounding. Note my system is pretty revealing with beryllium tweeters. So I just sent it out to get it modded by Modwright. You can check his website out as to what he does to it. Pretty much takes the digital sound out which was my target. Everyone raves about it. Anyway what's cool about it is you can swap tubes in it to target the sound you like most. You'll only have to spend few hundred dollars to do it instead of buying new players. From what I've read it's a great sounding "do it all" component. Bluray, CD, sacd,  downloads, does DSD512...Modwright has a sale on them right now but normal price is about $3500 for everything. What's the Esoteric cost ? 

@oem-wheels , I have the Modwright 205 and love it. Please let us know what differences you hear when you get it back. Mine went straight to Modwright so I never heard it in stock form.