Oppo 203 setup/tweaks

I auditioned then purchased an Oppo UDP 203 having had the BDP 105 for some years.  I first resolved that the Digital Filter setting was critical for best audio performance  that setting being the 5th, super slow (roll-off rate).  I have found setup/tweeks to be very important in maximizing performance and would like to get personal experiences specific to this player where improvements were made.
xlinkaudio
I assume that the OP is not using an external DAC?
As do I since the filter selection has no relevance for the digital outputs.
My experience with the 203 as with the 105 is with its own internal DAC where it is a AKM (Japanese) and Sabre respectively.  With 4 of the digital filters the 203 was good but did not come up to the 105 in audio performance, but, on the 5th (super slow) I was surprised, it surpassed the 105.  A more natural and open sound, more harmonic structure and texture.  In both cases I am using the internal digital volume controls and connecting direct to the power amp.  In bottom end strength the 203 was no stronger than the 105 and maybe slightly less-not really sure.  Both are good, but, not the end all in bottom end strength.