Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
Thanks guys. I plan to visit about 5-6 shops today and see how I go about choosing a loudspeaker and what budget it leaves me for the digital player. With all the feedback that was provided, there is not a 0.0001% doubt in my mind that the Oppo can better any dedicated CD player. But the option of using the Opportunity as a transport for a outboard DAC is also tempting.
How would a outboard DAC like Bryston BDA3 compare to the Esoteric or Marantz or Luxman?
Hi I used to use many brands and spending money trying to compare sound. And I finally ended up with accuphase. Ofcours It was always my dream to own accuphase, but I was thinking about myself, I'm not gonna be one of those crazy  people who spends $$$$$ and might not hear the difference . I was wrong. If you like audio don't go cheap , if you want to go cheap don't go at all . I like accuphase for sound , functionality, and ofcours quality 
For those who prefer the more expensive players mentioned, can you describe any efforts you may have taken wherein you played the same exact music (duplicate CDs) through both players at the same time through the same preamp, switching back and forth between the two, and to the best of your ability exactly what difference you have heard?  I have done this many, many times with players costing between $700 and $5,000 and have heard very negligible differences.  Never any Esoteric though for me (Sony, Oppo, Meridian, and Ayre mostly).  What I have heard (when there were differences) might represent a 5% overall difference/improvement, and it was in the area of reproduction of the space of the recording venue (sense of realism), some increase in clarity/resolution (which would contribute to the first part).  Differences were in line with cable swapping.  When a $1k player sounds incredibly close to a $5k player, I would label that a tremendous value in my book - and I'm not just talking about Oppo.  But if you have an incredibly accurate system, as with everything else in this hobby the differences might be worth the investment.  I agree with what Chayro said above in this regard.

To further previous points, I have found that when you reach a certain level of DAC/source, the resolution of the interconnect can prevent you from hearing any difference that a superior device can reveal.  This was comparing an Oppo BDP-105 with a highly customized/rebuilt DAC.  With a warmer sounding cable (which essentially slows down the voltage charge/discharge rate) the differences were very small.  The customized DAC sounded very similar to the Oppo.  However, when applying a very transparent/revealing cable, the differences became very apparent.  I'm not saying that there are going to be differences in the equipment that you have heard.  However, there can be other limiting elements in the audio chain (interconnects / preamp / etc.).  Listeners who have a preference for a system that is voiced to be warm or laid back may not be able to hear significant differences in DAC/sources.