Move router far from hifi components?

I just finished reading Hans Beekhuyzen's Kindle book on file based audio. This is what he said about where your router should go.

"Like cell phones, Wi-Fi uses radio frequencies that might cause interference in your stereo. Try to keep the Wi-Fi access point as far as possible from the hifiequipment and always use well shielded audio, power and network cables on your hifi. If Wi-Fi is your only choice, you’d rather hope you’re in an area that has little Wi-Fi traffic."

i don't think I have heard about this before and was wondering if this really makes a difference. I'm tempted to move my router and modem to another room to test but wanted to poll everyone to see if they have done this.
128x128lxgreen
Welcome to Audiogon, toetapaudio. Please be sure to follow up with the results of your comparisons. 

Dave
Regarding LPS, how do you folks make sure you're getting a compatible unit to replace the wall plug, e.g., what specs, which supplier, etc.? Thanks.
By the way it sounds counterintuitive (to me) to keep the router too far away from the audio gear if your audio gear includes a WiFi enabled streamer. Unless I'm missing something.
Thanks Dave.

kalali, every dc power supply I have tried sounds different. So make sure the voltage and power rating is correct for the unit and then listen. I have tried three different supplies to the Lumin D1 player, the Sbooster was the best out of those three (12v supply). That's not to say that is the best because I haven't tried the Uptone LPS1 or Paul Haynes power supplies yet.

With regard to the Aqvox switch it comes with a wall mart type ps which Aqvox say has been optimised for the job. However, I'm finding a sound quality improvement with an alternative ( and more expensive) King Rex ps (5v). I am going to test the Uptone next week. There is currently a thread devoted to this switch on Devialet Chat but perhaps I should start one here? An Aqvox customer in Spain has tested the switch with the very expensive Kenneth Lieu ps, which according to his view improved dynamics but he found the standard ps to have a better and more natural balance (discussion over on Audio Shark).

I am currently using a 12v Sbooster to the IP hub, which has again improved SQ. 

A number of people say that Paul Haynes makes some of the best dc power supplies.
Hi toetap,

I was reading up on power supplies recently and one thread said that Paul Hynes was out of the business. ??? 

Uptone UltraCap LPS-1 incoming today for trial (along with ISO Regen). Sbooster looks good...

Dave