Your thoughts about ATC loudspeakers

I’m interested in the ATC SCM-40 from their HiFi series and would like to hear from people who have owned or spent a lot of time with ATC speakers. This is a fairly new model and may be a bit of a departure from their classic sound.

At the show in Newport last weekend, I was quite taken by these speakers. I went back the next day and heard the same things that I liked about them, but a couple of red flags also went up:

Microdynamics – not sure these speakers do them well and microdynamics are critical to communicating inflection and nuance and to making music sound alive

Imaging, specifically wrt depth. Nothing much outside of the plane of the speakers, so recording venue info is not there and even instrument and vocal body may suffer a bit.

Were these shortcomings of setup or associated gear, or is this what ATC does?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
Audio Doctor,

Please Stop Marketing your products on Agon. If you need to use the advertising section please do but bashing on the forum and pushing products is very unethical as a salesman. How many times do i need to keep telling you??

Its obvious your always bias to the products your selling yet you have no experience with Quested Speakers and still feel the need to comment on them.

I take part on gearsluts and iv read thousands of threads a lot when comparison have been made with PMC, Quested, ATC Speakers.

No speaker is superior, each one works well within its parameters and purpsoe of install. Every user has diffrent opinions and preference.

Dragon_vibe: in the spirit of sharing information I can add something.  The disclaimer is I am the ATC importer.  

Hans ZImmer's main scoring mixer Alan Meyerson (who works in Hans's building and has worked exclusively for him for a long long time) uses all ATC for all Hans's work.  His previous speakers were B+W, sold off 8- 10 years ago?   I have heard Hans has Quested's in his private studio, but I've never seen them.  

And the fatigue issue, most people who own ATC like them specifically because they do NOT fatigue after long hours.  So I have not ever heard this complaint before you.   Maybe back 20 years ago when ATC used "good at the time" VIFA tweeters, which I admit were harsh compared to what's happening now.  ATC moved over to SEAS models about 20 years ago and now their own ATC dual suspension tweeters (2 years ago).  SO fatigue is something I would hear about as my pro clients work long hours (12-15-18 hrs straight), far longer than a home listener, and fatigue would be a major problem for them.  
Brad
Go over to Gearslut every experience and opinion iv come to with my own conclusion is shared by many composers and producers. I have no incentive to defend either company. Now we have 2 ATC Dealers on this thread. Things are becomming interesting.

Take my opinion as a grain of salt......I'm not involved in distribution or dealership business.
Post removed 
"ATC are Power Hungry Speakers due to the crossover they use."
dragon_vibe

It’s true.ATC are excellent speakers which I considered in the past but needs a lots of quality power to perform properly this fact convinced me to buy Proac speakers which are more easy to drive and in MHO are as good as ATC .

However I don’t agree with the statement that ATC speakers are fatiguing, maybe your system was not good enough for 
This speakers.