Move router far from hifi components?

I just finished reading Hans Beekhuyzen's Kindle book on file based audio. This is what he said about where your router should go.

"Like cell phones, Wi-Fi uses radio frequencies that might cause interference in your stereo. Try to keep the Wi-Fi access point as far as possible from the hifiequipment and always use well shielded audio, power and network cables on your hifi. If Wi-Fi is your only choice, you’d rather hope you’re in an area that has little Wi-Fi traffic."

i don't think I have heard about this before and was wondering if this really makes a difference. I'm tempted to move my router and modem to another room to test but wanted to poll everyone to see if they have done this.
128x128lxgreen
Thank you tecknik. You are the first (that I aware of) to address this directly. It makes sense since the digital signal is passing through the router and its audio-band noise elimination is likely pedestrian at best.

Dave

also depends on where you live if your in a high density area or a large condo building don't worry about it as your being flooded by all sorts of high frequencies from everyone one else anyway. rural areas not as much, but still there is really very few places on this planet now that don't have some radio interference. you could always build a faraday cage and get shielded com wires, I know some one that built a dedicated audio building and shielded the whole building... no cell phone in that room haha.

That said i've used radio wave scanning tech in the military and you'd be shocked at how much we are being hit with on a constant basis.

did I mention our sun.... biggest emitter in the solar system...

Do what you can but don't go nuts over it shielded wires and good placement is all you need.

Good post glennewdick. I am already nuts so little danger.

I read on another forum re: LPS on router and one contributor recommended adding ferrite filters to the DC lines coming from switching power supplies. I remembered that I had a few in a box in my closet and retrieved them. Clamped them on. No cost. Another crazy tweak.

Dave
Post removed 
If you are using cable then shorter is definitely better. Power supply to the hub (router/modem) makes a difference. Try using a higher grade switch as well and again use a better power supply to that switch. AQVOX make a dedicated audio switch which improves SQ.

There is quite a choice of better dc power supplies on the market a number of which I am currently testing. Sbooster, King Rex, MCRU, Uptone, HDplex, Paul Haynes, Kennith Lieu, Fidelizer are some of the brands.