Wine, audio, and music. How many of us Aphiles enjoy wine when listening to music?

Along with that, are you a member of a wine club and if so, which one? 
128x128grannyring
The only time I drink wine (or anything else) while the system is playing is during non-critical listening from an adjacent room, mainly while my wife and I are having dinner. I would find doing so during critical listening to be too much of a distraction, and also I wouldn’t want to risk spilling it on the Persian rug that is in my living room/listening room.

I don’t belong to any wine clubs, but my wife and I are fans of French Bordeaux, and we’ve been to a couple of tastings over the years. We have a modest sized collection of some of the well known first and second growths, including many 1982s which we purchased at reasonable prices shortly after they reached these shores in the mid-1980s. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, some of them have increased in value 50x or more since then, and in some cases are too valuable to drink :-)

Best regards,
-- Al

I definitely enjoy a good glass of wine while listening wherever possible. It enhances my enjoyment of the entire experience.  A good book, great music and a good glass of wine and maybe, good company and I'm really there.

And yes, I a member of several wine clubs.  Some I switch depending on where I visit (can't be a member of too many) and some I stay as a permanent member.  I'm from Southern California and there are many wineries and wine areas that provide outstanding wine here.

Some great areas and wineries to consider.

1. Napa/Sonoma (obviously).  Bennett Lane, Joseph Phelps, Chateau St. Jean, St. Supery, Rombauer, Jessup Cellars.  To name a few.  The secret is to go when they are not busy so that they can spend quality time with you and not be in a hurry due to many customers.

2.  Paso Robles;  outstanding wineries here and many on par with Napa/Sonoma.  Paolillo.  (good wine and simply fun), Talley, Nadeau, Zin Alley (outstanding), Stanger (outstanding), Halter Ranch.  Many are still very small yet produce some outstanding wines that costs much less than Napa.

3.  Los Olivos.  Some very good to outstanding wines here.  Langer, Tercero to name a few. 

4.  Livermore.  Some of the oldest wineries in California. 

Anyway, I can go on, but my point is Good music, good company, a good to excellent glass of wine, maybe a good book and the listening experience is even better.

Life is too short to drink cheap wine and if the music and music experience doesn't take me there and sound "real" it will drive me out of the room.

enjoy