Help... my turntable is alive!

I am hearing a heartbeat through my turntable between tracks, and also when the music is very quite in the song's track. This noise is at 33 BPM in sync to the turntable rotation. It's very quiet unless of course the volume is turned up, but can clearly be heard. I don't think its rumble as it has a distinct "heartbeat" sound.

My turntable is a Basis 2500 with a Graham 2.2 arm and a Goldring 1042 cartridge set at 1.70 grams tracking force. Any guesses here? Is the bearing on the turntable shot?

Thanks
koestner
Bondmap ... A very thoughtful idea, but I have checked twice. There is no sticky feel to the belt, or the platter anywhere. I could order a new belt, but I don't want to start down the money path until I know I'm at least on the correct path.

Thanks ... John

" I could order a new belt, but I don't want to start down the money path until I know I'm at least on the correct path. "

Money path??? A turntable belt is a trivial expense compared to the cost of maintaining proper vinyl playback equipment in a Music Reproduction System and all of the gear that supports that playback including alignment tools and record cleaners and sooner or later you are going to need a new belt anyway so why not buy one now and set to rest whether that is the cause of your problems?
Post removed 
The "heartbeat" sound is still present, but only after the first few minutes and then going away a few minutes after that. I have tried several different records, but still the same effect.
Koestner

Have a look at the arm lift and check that there is clearance between the arm lift and arm when the record is playing. I have had examples where the arm lift is slow to go down ( would explain your results ) and/or the arm lift is not level with the record and varies in height across the record, resulting in contact with the arm whilst playing..