Engelbert?

Hello all,

A few weeks ago I was watching a recording of the Later With Joules Holland series, a really great show with older and younger artists, all sorts, it serves to keep me interested, current, all of it, and he had Engelbert Humperdinck on, I was skeptical, but was totally impressed, and am now listening to an EH disc, through a $40,000 set up, and loving each second of it. I know many will think negative thoughts, but some may not and decide to give it a listen. Maybe all it is is bringing back to my youth, and if that’s reality I am taking it, hook line and sinker, or sink line and hooker, as a dear friend from Nashville used to say so very often.
rpeluso
I have a couple of his lps that at some point I’ll clean and listen. You’re not totally alone.

My take on past parental advice... Listening to a wide variety of music will make Johnny grow up to be a well-rounded boy.

Happy Listening!
Englebert AND Jimi were on the same bill during the years promotors did those "showcase" events.

I believe Jimi also did one with the Monkees?

My older sister was at a Monkeys/Jimi show in Charlotte. The crowd bood' Jimi off the stage.
I grew up with polka music and various '40's 'big band hymns'.  Out of that I developed an admiration of Spike Jones and the Andrews Sisters.

Spouse and self do attend various symphonic and classical concerts that interest us, but normally listen to everything from Laurie Anderson through Frank Zappa.  I listen to Deadmau5 while I'm working at the 'puter as it works as 'pleasant Muzac' for what I'm involved with....

What 'she' listens to is her own problem....*L*

No, I am NOT going to turn myself in for 'musical appreciation therapy'....even if it exists, which I doubt, seriously....

What you listen to....well, I won't hold it against you, nor think you're weird. *L* You're welcome. ;)

And we all know what happened to the Monkee's....and Jimi.... 
More to discover