Which would you pick between the two DAC.

Which would you pick between these two DAC?

1. Wadia 321

2.  Ayre Codex

Thank you,

eddy1
@ david_ten,

Thank you. I am not planning to upgrade my other components anytime soon.

"The 1.5K in left-over budget, in my opinion, would be better applied to a networked approach (which eliminates your PC as the direct source), better cabling, and a product to clean up the signal into the DAC (input dependent). Let’s call this the best bang for your current buck /system approach. This will provide you with really good results, and is beneficial in that is broadens your approach to and understanding of computer based audio."

Sure I can get rid of PC of of my system. Please list the components you suggest that I need to buy.  My only sources of music will be CD and Spotify/Tidal.

Thank you,
Eddy
Hi Eddy.

FIRST, I recommend finalizing on a DAC. 

Though there are similarities between DACs, the one you choose may have some particulars that you will need to work with. I'd let the DAC decision lead you.

Just as one example, and solely to illustrate my point, if the DAC you choose is galvanically isolated in a proper way, you may not need galvanic isolation ahead of it.

Once you figure the DAC out, the DAC will serve to guide your choices to best meet your needs.

It will also allow you to search the forums and reviews to see what works or doesn't work with respect to it. 
Hi eddy,

Should you now or at a later time decide to replace your PC with a server/renderer/streamer, there are good options at reasonable prices. The Auralic Aries is a good all-in-one streamer/renderer (wireless with a good control App - easy peezy to install and use) for <$1k used. A good bump up in sound and build quality is the Aurender N100H (Ethernet connection required and includes 2T HDD storage and 240Gb SSD cache - hi-rez downloads played from the Aurender can make any compatible DAC sound pretty amazing) for about 2X that price. Both are reported to work well with a variety of DACs via USB but a few DACs struggle with the Linux-based operating system of the Aurender so best to check that out before buying.

Others will no doubt have their favorites in the lower price range.

Once you experience the benefits of improved sound quality, flexibility, and user-orientation of the better renderer/streamer products you will not go back to your desktop/laptop.

Dave