Rowland versus ARC

Anybody compare the products of these two company and have any opinions or favorites?

I realize one can be tubes and the other is solid state but I've heard Rowland has the warmth and musicality of tubes and the dynamic slam of SS.

What say you guys?

roxy1927
The tube and solid state difference  will be audible. That being said, Rowland is sweeter (more liquid) than most ss but not quite on the level with tubes whereas ARC has more grip than most tubes but not as much as ss. Two great choices. If you prefer a sublime midrange---go ARC. If you prefer iron fisted grip and slam --go Rowland. Key questions might be what components comprise the balance of your system and what elements of sound would you like to bring to the table with the amp?

I have a tube amp 200wpc.

I am looking for a deeper wider soundstage. Looking for a pre which I hope will help in this area..

I listen to a lot of classical which tubes are wonderful for but I'm looking for a deeper more layered soundstage and for the classic rock and jazz which I also listen to I'm looking for more dynamics and slam which I lost a bit of when I went from a SS amp to tubes.

Hope this helps.

roxy1927 can you give us some more details of your setup? Also have you tried moving your speakers around?

VPI Superscoutmaster and An ayon transport and DAC.

Unfortunately my room is small but I have the speakers 9 ft apart. Somebody told me it should be more like 6.

I have a Jeff Rowland Corus preamp and I'm looking to replace it with something below 20K. I thought about ARC, but haven't had the chance to compare them. I hear a lot of people say, Rowland makes better amplifiers than preamps. Can anyone recommend an ARC preamp to listen to?