Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Halcro
I'm not shooting any messengers.
The time line is an excellent device which tells us average platter speed relative to 33.3 or 45 very precisely. 
However, if  want to properly measure real time platter speed, you need to have granularity down to arc seconds.
Once every 360 degrees is way too course.

cheers 
Once i've come across the Tuchan’s blog with a picture of his "stand" for tt-101 i realized it reminds me something. It was beautiful OMA plinth for one for their turntables, but later i realized the orignator for that kind of "plinth"  was Jean Verdier (Laboratoires Verdier) who passed away 3 years ago. His website is still active and full of information, but the web-design of that page takes you back to the 90s when all internet was like that. I think for the round turntable drives like Victor TT-101 this is very nice style of plinth (or call it stand with tonearm towers). I think it’s awesome.
Best groove
I was referring to the time line laser at a 3.7 m radius
Unfortunately for me is a completely new novelty I do not know.  :(

For those interested,,,,,HERE is a video of the TT-101 with the Timeline and three tonearms to compare against the previous video with the TT-81.

And HERE is the Sutherland Engineering video demonstrating the Timeline on a belt-drive turntable with a massive platter.
Notice how the massive platter is slowed under the stylus drag of just ONE tonearm.....😱