Which would you pick between the two DAC.

Which would you pick between these two DAC?

1. Wadia 321

2.  Ayre Codex

Thank you,

eddy1
Eddy,

Just ran across a test/review/blog on the ISO Regen that, among other things, showed a test of noise within the Schiit Modi2 DAC with and without the ISO Regen in the USB signal path.

Bottom line, according to the author, the Schiit Modi2 does a very poor job of reducing/eliminating noise on its own and was dramatically improved by the ISO Regen. Rather than buying a new DAC, you might consider first trying the ISO Regen for $325 (30 day 100% money back guarantee) and see if your Modi2 then provides the sound you seek.

The article is beyond reproach as to "audiophile tainting" since the author pretty much judges the ISO Regen to be a complete waste of money with other modern DACs.

I would never suggest that this is also a shortcoming in Schiit’s better DACs like the Yggdrasil so hold your fire George.

The article can be found on audiosciencereview.com.

Dave
Neither ,by far the most natural sounding, the Lumin D-1 Dac streamer 
It does it all , and if you buy the great add on power supply from Linear Tube Audio. It us a Force ,Lapizator7 territory for under $2500
Try the stock D-1 first and the App the best for Album art I have seen,roon,-yes,
MQA- Tidal-yes. Droid,or Ipad- phone . You can thank me later.
Your overconfidence is noted and evident to all, audioman58. I am guessing that there are those here that cannot/choose not to afford your utopian DAC and even more that would prefer another.

Likely a very good recommendation but equally likely to be ignored due to your style. A shame, that. 

Dave 
Dave,

Thank you.  I will take a look at it.  I almost get ISO Regen while back when I first got Modi Multibit and had noise problem with USB signal with iMac.  What I did was I disconnected usb 5V from iMac and run 5V from the wall and no more noise.