Turntable and Rack vibration control

Hi,
I moved from a Nouvelle Platine Verdier to a Loricraft Garrard 301. The big change with this move was that the Verdier comes with a terrific implementation of pneumatic suspension feet which kept the TT almost floating and hence great isolation from vibration. The result was always a noise/grain free playback and super clean backgrounds. With the Garrard, the plinth is typical custom made stacked birch ply with standard steel cones as footers. When placed directly on the rack the background is noisy, the images muddle up and overall music is not well sorted.

I do not expect the Garrard to be as quiet as the Verdier but I know it should not be this noisy either. In fact the Verdier also sounded noisy when I placed it directly on cones bypassing the pneumatic suspension feet. 

I use a Hutter Racktime rack which is not like an overbuilt audiophile rack. It is more like an open frame rack with lightweight supports. It is a bit like a Rega TT, not very damped or controlled. The rack has pointy steel feet which rests on brass spike plates (mine is an wooden floor). I guess this implementation is not sophisticated enough to keep away vibrations and let the TT play quietly. 

I am looking at two levels of solutions:
1. Replace the existing steel feet and brass plate with a quality vibration control footer below the rack
2. Replace the stock steel cone below the TT plinth with a better footer/platform.

I have tried Sorbothane, Squash balls kind of tweaks, while they reduce noise they slow down the music too.
I have also tried Stillpoints and Finite Elemente footers under the rack. They make the sound thin and metallic IMO. Platforms like Minus-K are too expensive so I have not considered them yet.

I am looking suggestions here, probably footers and vibration control devices that are more musically oriented yet well engineered like Shun Mook, Harmonix, SSC or something like an HRS platform ?
pani

jollygreenaudiophile2
The only problem with using any app. is the fact that no matter how fine the code is written, at the end of the day your still at the mercy of whatever your using collect data. In this case, conduct the vibrations to your device. All vibratometers I know of come with a dedicated "probe" just for vibrations. So what your doing is basically trusting the 23 cent microphone in your phone. Would you trust a frequency analyzer app to do room correction? If you do your probably going to have a dead spot below 40 Hertze. Why? Because your phones mic cannot read at that level.

>>>>>Huh? Whoa! A microphone? I’m afraid the microphone does not (rpt not) have anything to do with it. The microphone is for acoustic waves, you know, like voice, not (rpt not) seismic or mechanical vibration. The accelerometer in the phone is the device that detects and measures mechanical and seismic type motion, for example when you turn your phone on its side, the phone’s accelerometer detects the motion and corrects the screen display orientation accordingly. So the accelerometer(s) measures acceleration and by calculation velocity and direction are obtained. There are several reasons why some or most of these vibration apps won’t work for seismic vibrations, including but not (rpt not) limited to the fact that speakers do not (rpt not) produce any mechanical feedback below say 25 or 30 Hz.

Two turntables and a microphone....where it’s at?

cheerios

Jeepers Jeff! You mean none? really? Or is that what your getting with low resolution instruments?