power for mc452 and c2600

I'm relatively new to high end audio. Had a mcintosh integrated amp for few years and now decided to upgrade to separates. Just received c2600 preamp and awaiting on mc452 amp due to arrive sometime next week. 

I don't know anything about power conditioners and protection devices. currently using monster surge protector. My questions: 

1. what is the minimum protection device that one would use for my equipment
2. does it have to be a power conditioner or just surge protection
3. how much do these "power conditioners" contribute to the overall performance? Can you objectively measure their effect? Can they worsen the performance in any way by limiting power? 
4. is there a real difference in relatively affordable (200-500) vs. higher price units (1000 and above) ? 
5. What are you using and what is your experience with it? 
6. Your recommendation on units with good reputation under $500

thank you 
ei001h
I would not plug your high power/high current amp into any power conditioner. They limit current draw except for some high-end, expensive conditioners.
Use a power strip with EMI/RFI protection. I use a Furman for my high power amp and conditioners for low current upstream components.
The Furman surge protector has never failed during power outages and spikes, the breaker has always tripped. It is used by pro musicians on stage.

https://www.amazon.com/Furman-SS6B-Plug-Surge-Protector/dp/B0002D017M

Using McIntosh MC352 amplifier + C2300 preamplifier (similar to your gear), I tried several things in this order.  Each step improved the sound, in my opinion:

1. Richard Gray 400 power conditioner.
2. Dedicated 20 amp lines (2) + PS Audio outlets.
3. PS Audio P10 power regenerator (replacing the Richard Gray 400).

*Note: all gear now plugged into the P10, including the MC352 amplifier.
**Note: Biggest improvement came with dedicated 20 amp lines, which removed system noise (via phono).
Lowrider57 or anyone knowledgeable on this topic:

do you think that one of the cheaper surge protectors/conditioners listed below would be worse than using a furman power strip ss6b?  

I understand I won't get good power conditioning from these, but will they take away from current/sound quality? Will these provide at least the same protection as the furman strip?  Does anyone know for sure or is this speculation? 

isotek evo3 polaris

Shunyata VENOM PS8

Furutech E-TP80

ps audio dectet
As others have stated, the best conditioner for an amp is no conditioner. I don't like to plug my amp directly into the wall due to the power outages where I live, so I use a strip which does not limit power draw.
I've done a lot of research and testing of passive power conditioners (about $500 and under), and even though they state they are non-power-limiting, I have noticed an effect on sonics of the amp (loss of dynamics, change in soundstaging). I'm not quite sure, but I think the Brickwall or Richard Gray allow the amp to operate unrestricted; these are heavy duty surge protectors with filtering. I use a Brickwall and a Blue Circle conditioner for my upstream components. The Blue Circle produces a very low noise floor, but killed the dynamics of my amp (even though it states "non-current-limiting").

Have you used the archives? I like PS Audio products and a search in the archives may provide an answer as to whether or not users are using amplifiers in your list of conditioners. For example...

https://forum.audiogon.com/search/index?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=ps+audio+dectet

5. What are you using and what is your experience with it?

I use a Furman Elite-20 PFI  at the top of my rack I and find it an essential part of my system. I have far too many components to not have the convenience of switched and unswitched power sockets as well as triggering.

I can use the one power button on my McIntosh C42 to trigger power to all my other components including my vintage MC2205 power amp which does NOT have the built in trigger input of modern MAC components. I am using most of the outlets the Furman has to offer.

This unit has two retractable LED lights I use regularly to illuminate components controls or vinyl labels when choosing a side. There is a power socket on the front of the unit for convenience to quickly power a light or diagnostic tool or a new component before committing it to your rack.

Perhaps there is a better one? I don't know.  I am unaware of any degradation in sound. I could not live without it.