Soliloquy SAT5

How are they? What electronics you heard teamed with SAT5? What do they stand compared to Soliloquy5.0 and 2A3?
mutex
The fine folks at Soliloquy were very high on the sound of the SAT5 when combined with their sub(go for the 5.0 if no sub). Placement options are much better with the SAT5 since they don't have that large rear port as in the 5.0 and 5.3(in my experience Soliloquy speakers image and soundstage best with a lot of breathing room). I use a McCormack DNA-0.5 Rev. A that works well with my 5.3s, and Soliloquy frequently uses Art Audio and Sim Audio electronics for shows and for voicing their speakers. They've also just teamed up with an electonics manufacturer(can't remember the name), so they'd be an obvious choice too. All in all these are excellent speakers that compete with models twice their price. Haven't heard the 2A3. Best of luck.

Tim
I have sat-5's in my office driven by the 20 wpc NAD L-40. They sound terrific. I also have 5.0's at home driven by 60 watt integrated. All things considered, the sat-5's are an even bigger bang for the buck than the 5.0's.
The SAT5s are very nice speakers for what they are designed to do. They will work well for casual listening, surround speakers, or serious listening with a sub. The 5.0 is a significant step up in capability (and cost, especially if you include stands). I am a big Soliloquy fan. I own a pair of 6.3s, a pair of 5.0s, a pair of SAT5s, and a C6 center channel. Tell us a little bit more about what you are trying to accomplish and we might be able to be more specific. Regardless of which model you end up with, I think you would be very happy with a pair of Soliloquys.

Good luck.

Brady
Thanks Brady and all!!! I am in the process of upgrading my speakers/system. My current system is a modest Marantz67se, AMC SS amp(36watts), and Paradigm system. I want to start from speaker first. SAT 5 is my favourate pick amid of other candidates Coincident, Linn Katan, and low end totem. I want the speakers good at vocals and string, all small scale musics.

Ming
just a quick addition. I replaced parradigm with soliloquy. Soliloquy much more musical (I went from ref100 to 5.3) I agree that ported versions need room behind the SAT5 doesn't, which is big plus for sat5